Accounts Payable Assistant
Company: Monro Muffler Brake & Service
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Monro Inc., is a leader in the automotive maintenance and repair
services industry. We are country's top company-owned automotive
repair chain, and our success is driven by employing great people
who commit every day to putting our guests first--selling them only
what they need and making sure the work performed on their cars is
done right the first time, every time.
Founded in 1957 in Rochester, New York, we now have over 1,100
company-owned locations servicing over four million cars each year
in the US in 27 eastern and mid-western states. Monro offers our
guests a wide range of tire choices and repair services, such as
exhaust, brake, suspension, alignment, ride control, tire, battery,
electrical, air conditioning and scheduled maintenance services
under several leading brands. We are a publicly traded company and
a top performer on the NASDAQ both in our results and our return to
About the Role:
The Accounts Payable Purchasing Assistant is responsible for
processing store requests for tire inventory purchases.
Additionally, the position assists within the Accounts Payable
department as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Processes inventory requests made by the Tire Barn brand name
stores via a web-based system.
* Place orders with the Company's inventory vendors after receiving
the requests from our retail stores.
* Create a purchase order/receiver in the company's inventory
system (JDA) to be transmitted electronically to the stores.
* Reconcile vendor's invoice to the purchase order/receiver and
investigate any discrepancies (cost or quantity related).
* Work closely with the Inventory department to ensure accuracy of
receivers and/or vendor invoices.
* Daily data entry of invoice information into AS400.
* Assists with special projects, as necessary.
* Other duties may be assigned.
* High school diploma or GED.
* Two-year Accounting degree preferred with one or more years
related experience in Accounts Payable; or equivalent combination
of education and experience.
* Ability to accurately process inventory requests from store
locations using the JDA system.
* Ability to work independently under a deadline and high volume of
* Ability to communicate via phone or e-mail in a professional
manor is required.
* Good math skills and good data entry skills (speed and
* Sensitive to the concerns of both vendors and Monro associates
without compromising the A/P procedures.
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers.
* Ability to problem solve by using a logical, systematic and
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts as they relate to
accounts payable invoices and vendors.
* Ability to read an interpret documents with regards to policies,
procedures and accounting related documents.
* Health Insurance
* Dental Insurance
* 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
* Paid vacation
* Paid Holidays
* Employee Discounts
* Career Development
Your next Destination!
Growth Opportunity: At Monro we're committed to helping our
teammates grow their career through the combination of coursework,
demonstrating skills and open opportunities. You will receive
on-the-job training, company sponsored certifications, as well as
course curriculum in Monro University that empowers you to advance
to the next level of Automotive Professional.
Monro, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal
opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
Keywords: Monro Muffler Brake & Service, Rochester , Accounts Payable Assistant, Other , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!