Company: City of Rochester - NY
Posted on: January 15, 2022
This is a clerical position which involves the performance of a
wide variety of activities within well-defined procedures.
Individuals assigned to this class are given detailed oral and/or
written instructions for new or more complex assignments. The
duties are carried out under direct supervision, which is usually
received in the form of review of completed assignments, another
step in the clerical process and/or supervisory observation.
Employees of this class may be required to exercise some
independent judgment in performing assigned duties. Performs
related work as required.
Typical Work Activities
* Checks items being filed for completeness;
* Checks items, data or names in files for accuracy;
* Prepares and types correspondence on matters where policies and
procedures are well defined;
* Creates and modifies documents using word processing software and
* Enters data and runs reports, using database management software
and personal computer;
* Greets individual visitors and refers them to the proper
* ;Places calls and provides information over the phone;
* Transfers information from one file or other record to another by
* Files, shelves or stores items (such as folders, books or other
items) in accordance with file codes or classification symbol.
High School diploma or Equivalent; PLUS
I. Associates' degree in business management, secretarial science,
office technology or closely related degree; OR
II. Two (2) years of full time experience (or its part time
equivalent) performing general clerical activities which included
entering data into a personal computer.
Keywords: City of Rochester - NY, Rochester , Clerk III/Typing/Part-Time/Library, Other , Henrietta, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!