API Developer - Ruby-SQL-REST-JSON
Company: NCR Corporation
Posted on: June 12, 2021
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and
services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail and
hospitality industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia,
with 36,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR
Corporation in the United States and other countries.
We help financial institutions, retailers and restaurants around
the world run better-so they have more time to create customer
experiences that drive lasting success.
Freshop is a wholly owned subsidiary of NCR providing e-Commerce
solutions for retailers around the world. In this exciting role you
will join Freshop's Web team in development and operation of the
next generation of e-Commerce solutions.
Position Summary & Key Areas of Responsibility
- Work closely with front-end developers, architects and DBAs to
develop and extend APIs for cutting edge online grocery
- Optimize APIs and architecture to achieve increased speed,
reliability and scalability
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work
- 2 years experience in Information Technology
- HTTP/REST/JSON API design and implementation
- SQL database design, querying, and optimization
- Strong software development fundamentals, data structures,
- Knowledge of query languages, APIs, data pipelines, and how to
work with them in practice
- Experience working in Unix based environments.
- You can analyze a feature story and design a robust and
complete solution for it. You have excellent debugging skills and
use tools to aid you.
- You write well-designed, reliable code that you or others will
find easy to understand and modify six months from now.
- You know databases and SQL very well. You're comfortable with
Linux commands and tools.
- You're comfortable implementing integrations with third-party
systems using HTTP and XML.
- You know and use all of these: IDE, source control, debugger,
continuous testing, build automation.
- You communicate well whether you're patiently helping a user,
explaining a design to your colleagues, or writing a
- Ruby / Sinatra
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening
criteria applicable to the job.
Full time employee benefits include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to
diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status,
military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic
or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally
inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized
for their individuality, promoted based on performance and
encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in
understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every
individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and
support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from
agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward
resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR
facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated
with unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: NCR Corporation, Rochester , API Developer - Ruby-SQL-REST-JSON, Other , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!