Company: The DiMarco Group
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Estimator Pre-Construction Services - DiMarco Constructors
Together with other members of the Preconstruction and
Estimating Team, this position is responsible for a variety of
estimating functions including analyzing proposals and requirements
and preparing detailed cost estimates for a variety of construction
projects. This position requires excellent time management,
follow-up and organizational skills; a commitment to process and
procedure; and the ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple
tasks. Must work well under extreme deadlines and pay strict
attention to detail.
- Explore documentation in order to gain a deep understanding of
the project requirements to create and validate detailed project
- Visit sites, as venues necessary to do the estimate and
validate existing conditions including document review;.
- Coordinate with designers, developers and construction trade
partners to review progress drawings for accuracy with budget /
scope and provide feedback to ownership;.
- Perform complex analysis of collected data and metrics;.
- Work closely with the project management and pre-construction
teams to ensure all subcontractors and vendors are hired to meet
- Maintain up to date data base of industry cost information to
prepare relevant and reliable forecasts;.
- Create and present reports to senior management;
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with the key
vendors, subcontractors and field staff;.
- Thorough working knowledge and understanding of all project
management control system including but not limited to; scheduling,
estimating, and cost control, procurement and business
- Complete quantity take offs;
- Cloud based project management knowledge; Microsoft office,
Asta or Microsoft Project, Working knowledge of applications and
benefits of BIM, AutoCAD, Sage Estimating and Revit;.
- Fundamental knowledge of contract law and project
- Assist with researching and evaluating new construction &
estimating software and programs to streamline preconstruction
services and estimating.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong computer skills, specifically packaged construction
management software, Blubeam, and Microsoft Office Suite;
experience with AutoCad, Revit, Planswift software a plus;
- Extensive knowledge of construction business;
- High level interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and
confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated
poise, tact and diplomacy;
- Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and
grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical
data effectively; Able to read and interpret written
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to
improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve
performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality,.
- Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner;
Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly;.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing
demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes
responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks
on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently;
Plans for additional resources; Organizes or schedules other people
and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans;
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts
well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration
regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for
own actions; Follows through on commitments;
- In possession of valid drivers license, in good standing..
Education and/or Experience:
- 4- year Bachelors Degree A in Engineering, Construction
- 2-year Associates Degree in any of the above stated fields,
plus 2 years of experience in construction and / or
Keywords: The DiMarco Group, Rochester , Estimator, Other , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!