Thermo Fisher Scientific's Mission is to enable our customers to
make the world healthier, cleaner and safer, and the global
coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is a powerful reminder of the
importance of that Mission. In fact, Thermo Fisher is at the
forefront of the global response to COVID-19. We are working with
governments, agencies, industry partners and researchers globally
to ensure priority access to instruments, consumables, safety
supplies and other products to address the outbreak. Our efforts
have been particularly focused in supporting analysis of the virus,
diagnosis, personal protection, and ultimately helping in the
development of new therapeutics and vaccines.
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you
will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for
your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to
support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make
significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact as a Set-Up Associate?
Under the direction of the Shift Supervisor this position is
responsible for installing and removing molds and related auxiliary
equipment and components from the molding press as well as
preparation of setup for appropriate machines as defined.
Responsible to make necessary adjustments to equipment to insure
quality and quantity of production for the assigned area.
12 Hour Shift - DAYS - 6:45am - 7:00pm, Penfield, NY
What will you do as a Set-Up Associate?
- Observes safety rules for self and others and insures that all
safety guards and devices are in place and in good condition.
- Responsible for proper care of molds and machines, and inspects
molds during and after installation.
- Responsible for following the die traveler system.
- Positions assembled molds in press and removes molds and
secondary equipment after run.
- Monitors machine cycle times and assure that they are at or
below standard cycle.
- Responsible for correcting and/or reporting out of standard
- Responsible for machine adjustments per engineering set-up
sheets, following all pertinent quality work instructions (QWI's).
Fills in monitored set-up sheets and writes necessary MCP's and
tool room work notifications.
- Responsible for checking periodically for maintenance problems
on machines and write work orders as necessary.
- Responsible for notifying supervisor when assistance from
external department is needed.
- Responsible for checking periodically for maintenance/tool room
problems on machines and write work orders as necessary.
- Identifies different resins used and assures that appropriate
resin is used for a job.
- Responsible for machine and mold safety.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and orderly
- Involved with basic process troubleshooting
- Support engineering as required
- Attend and participate in daily communication meetings as
- Strong work ethics.
How will you get here?
Set-Up Associate Education/Experience
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent/Technical degree
- Prefer 1-3 years' setup experience or successful completion of
internal development program
- Possess good reading, math, and communication skills
- Molding equipment experience preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Use of calipers and Megna-Mike
Set-Up Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Ability to work in a high speed, repetitive production
- Must be able to work well with others in a team
- Able to adjust to changing operating conditions quickly and
efficiently and vary pace as required.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
What Thermo Fisher Offers to Employees:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits effective on first day of
- Paid Time Off - Eligible to accrue up to 120 hours of Paid Time
Off (PTO), pro-rated based on start date
- Paid Holidays
- 401(K) Retirement Plan - Company Matching Contribution up to
- Shift Premium for night shift employees
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in
serving science, with revenues of nearly $25 billion and
approximately 75,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable
our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve
complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver
medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through
our premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems,
Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - we offer an
unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing
convenience and comprehensive services.