Cook - Atria Penfield
Company: Atria Senior Living Group, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
What's the difference between a job and a meaningful, rewarding
career? The people you serve. When you work at Atria, you have a
front-row seat to the amazing life stories of the wisest people on
earth. What's more, you are part of an extraordinary company - one
that's investing in the future of senior living by investing in
you. Don't just do a job. Be part of an extraordinary life.
Atria is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing
equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age,
national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status,
or any other classification protected by applicable law. Atria will
not tolerate harassment or discrimination based on any of these
Responsible for the preparation and cooking of food in the
community. Ensure that all meals are prepared and presented
according to Atria Retirement's standards.
- Work closely with the Executive Chef and/or Executive Director
to keep residents satisfied with food and dining programs.
- Maintain kitchen and food storage and preparation areas in a
clean, safe, and sanitary condition at all times.
- Responsible for the opening and/or closing of the kitchen.
- Adhere to cleaning schedules as assigned.
- Ensure that all food is received, stored, and prepared
according to company standards.
- Estimate daily or weekly needs of food and supplies and
communicate needs to Executive Chef/Sous Chef.
- Participate in preparing and cooking meals according to
established recipes and approved menus.
- Document temperatures of food prior to service, refrigeration
and freezer temperatures.
- Prepare and ensure snacks and beverages are available to
residents at all times.
- Keep kitchen floors clean (sweeps and mops) and trash
- Assist with the transportation and storage of food and
- Adhere to standard food safety practices.
- Assist with preparation and execution of special events,
banquets, and theme meals.
- Operate and maintain kitchen equipment in a clean and sanitary
- Attend pre-meal stand up in kitchen prior to meal service.
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Communicate effectively in English with employees and
residents, as well as read and write English.
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience as a cook in a hospitality or
- Food handlers permit as required by provincial law and/or
- Able to read and follow recipes and printed production guides,
cleaning schedules, and logs.
- Knowledge of food handling, preparation, cooking and
Cook, prep cook, line cook, kitchen help, kitchen, banquet,
culinary, hotel, hospitality, country club, resort, food service,
Keywords: Atria Senior Living Group, Inc., Rochester , Cook - Atria Penfield, Other , Penfield, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!