Company: Rochester General Health System
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Scope of responsibility is on the Medical Surgical units.
Provide patient assistance of ambulation under the direction of RN/
Clinical staff. Collaborate with nursing staff and Physical Therapy
department to identify high priority patients in need of ambulation
and mobility. Verification of activity orders for patients and
execution of expected order. Identification and intervention of
turning and positioning for each individual patient in need.
Provide superior customer service by modeling the Brand Promise and
STATUS: Full Time
DEPARTMENT: General Medicine
- Understanding of Infection control, urinary care, preventative
skin care, and appropriate communication of each to Nursing
- Communicates professionally with patients, families, and all
others of the healthcare team.
- Documents and records appropriately in the electronic
- Full understanding and appropriate use of mobility and lift
- Follows the safety initiatives for the hospital.
- Ambulates patients per activity order on all the acute
inpatient units. Patients who are unable to ambulate and are
ordered bed to chair will be stood and range of motion done.
- Coordinates with Physical Therapy department priority patients
- At times Ambulation Assistant will be asked to assist with
activities of daily living and patient care when necessary,
including but not limited to, positioning, toileting, peri care,
vital skins as requested or directed.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Six months experience as a Patient Care Technician.
- Demonstrates proficient computer skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
Keywords: Rochester General Health System, Rochester , Ambulation Assistant, Other , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!