Company: Ibero-American Action League, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Under the guidance and supervision of the Director of Care
Management Services Division or designee, the Care Manager provides
care management services to program participants who are in need of
assistance regarding medical, behavioral health and social services
in the community.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Identifies individuals in the community in need to obtain
medical behavioral health and social services.
- Contacts assigned participant within 3 days of receiving the
- Maintains an active caseload of 45+ individuals.
- Prepares a Care Plan including participants' goals for each
participant in the program.
- Obtains medical, behavioral health and social services for
program participants according to their needs.
- Maintains regular contacts with participants in the program
including home visits as needed.
- Maintains accurate and updated records on each participant of
all service provided.
- Attends staff meetings and formal/informal training sessions
in/outside the agency.
- Participates in community activities as representative of the
program when assigned.
- Is available to work outside regularly scheduled work hours as
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the immediate
The employee exercises initiative and some independence in
establishing his/her schedule for meetings with participants, other
caseworkers and community agencies. Follows pre-established
procedures for program implementation and daily operations. The
individuals must be resourceful and able to assess situations to
determine if a crisis is involved and how to best proceed within
the framework of the agency's as well as the program's policies and
procedures. The employee will consult with supervisor if in doubt
prior to proceeding.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to
solve a problem.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers'
needs while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute
details of a project or task.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people
regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate professionalism conforming to
a set of values and accepted standards.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with
others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing
clearly and concisely.
Skills and Abilities:
- GED or Associates Degree in Human Services or related
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working with Latinos
connecting them with community services.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
- Demonstrated ability to work with other service providers.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word.
- Able to provide own transportation and have a valid good
standing NYS driver's license
- An equivalent combination of training and experience other than
the specified, if judged to be adequate for the job, may be
accepted by the President and CEO
The position does require occasional standing, squatting,
lifting of up to approximately 10 lbs. and frequent sitting.
Ibero American Action League is committed to the policy of equal
employment opportunity. This policy expressly prohibits
discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, creed,
national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation,
disability, genetic predisposition, gender identity or expression,
carrier status, domestic violence victim status, veteran status or
status as a member of any other protected group or activity.
Keywords: Ibero-American Action League, Inc., Rochester , Care Manager, Other , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!