Employment Specialist II (College Experience)
Company: Ontario ARC
Posted on: June 12, 2021
HIRING IMMEDIATELY- DSP- Employment Specialist II- College
Ontario ARC of Canandaigua, NY, a Human Services Agency, is
seeking to hire three part-time Employment Specialist II for our
College Experience Program to provide work and on-the-job training
services for individuals participating in Supported Employment and
Prevocational services as interns at local colleges.
All COVID-19 safety requirements are strictly adhered to at
Ontario ARC and all PPE are provided for all employees. The safety
of the individuals we support and the safety of our employees are
both very important to Ontario ARC. Training on all safety
requirements will be provided during the onboarding process.
Our Story: Founded in 1954, Ontario ARC is a resource for people
with disabilities or other challenges and their families, providing
services and support that encourage people to fulfill their
potential. When you join our team, you'll be making a difference
every day; in someone else's life and in your own.
DSP- Employment Specialist II Responsibilities:
- Provides transportation services from program room to
internship site for participants as assigned.
- Performs job coaching duties and on-the-job training for
assigned participants. Serves as a positive role model to
participant and internship placement staff, modeling appropriate
work skills, behavior and social interaction.
- Responsible for reading, understanding and implementing each
participant's safeguards and IPOP, if applicable.
- Documents service provided and individual performance and/or
progress as required. Provides regular feedback to assigned contact
person for individual's team. Attends treatment or other individual
service team meetings at request of service coordinator or
- Responsible for the timely completion of participant's weekly
time sheet and evaluation report, along with the final evaluation
report due at the end of the five-week internship period.
- Using a team approach is responsible for sharing information
relevant to the person's progress or other information to help the
person be successful.
- Serves as the lead person in handling or intervening in
participant's behaviors, and in carrying out special programs,
e.g., incentive plans, Positive Approaches, ASAT, in/out of home
settings, e.g., program site or a variety of community settings,
- Presents as a positive agency representative and a conduit
between agency departments, employers, and the community.
- Participates in conferences and in-service training for
professional growth and development.
Monday-Friday (within the hours of 9am- 3pm) with flexibility to
meet program needs. 20 hours per week.
Works in the community across Ontario County, NY and Finger
Lakes Community College site.
DSP-Employment Specialist II Experience Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least three years of relevant experience in community
habilitation support with individuals with developmental
- An equivalent combination amount of education and experience
may be considered.
- Valid New York State Driver's license.
- Own a reliable vehicle.
- Successful completion of mandatory training requirements within
first three (3) months of hire. Including, but not limited to
certification in Behavior Management (SCIP-R), Certification to
drive agency vehicles/vans, lifting and other physical assistance
techniques, CPR and First Aid, Medication Administration
certification and Agency Driver Certification.
Ontario ARC Benefits for qualified positions:
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Long-term & Short-term Disability Insurance
- Matching 401(k) Retirement (up to 2%)
- Credit Union Access
- Educational Assistance
- Sick Leave & Sick Bank (for extended coverage)
- Benefit Time
- Employee Assistance Program
- FMLA Leave
- Leave of Absence Without Pay
- Phone Carrier Discounts
- Fitness Room Access & Mind & Body Classes
- Wellness Programs & Rewards
Apply now to join Ontario ARC's team!
Keywords: Ontario ARC, Rochester , Employment Specialist II (College Experience), Other , Canandaigua, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!