Claims Processor (Western & Central New York)
Company: Tomkins VIST Bank
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Responsible for performing a variety of duties to support the
Claims Department, as well as assist employees, carriers and
customers through the claims process.
- Check suspense list daily for "new claims" follow up for
acknowledgments. If a claim acknowledgement is not received, check
with the company for the claim number and contact person and enter
- Enter all acknowledgments, payments and closing notices.
- Process (enter) new claims when claim acknowledgements are
received direct from the company.
- Claim Audit - While auditing twice monthly checking new claim
- Suspend all claims for follow up per procedure.
- Close claims and send survey letters for first party
claims-excluding glass and towing claims.
- Log survey letters mailed and returned by the insured on survey
- Complete Surveys
- Directing severe claims, large claim payouts (for both
Commercial and Personal Liens) and large reserve claims to
- Email Account Executive and AM when a Reservation of Rights,
Summons & Complaint or Denial are received by carrier or
- Answer claim processing questions if Claims Coordinator is not
- Process scanned claim documents
- Process School incident reports
- Participate in the Proactive Call Procedure
- Additional duties as assigned by Management
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in related positions
preferred but not required and a Property and Casualty license
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent
experience; specialized insurance training or experience
- Proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills, a
high analytical ability; moderate computer skills, including
knowledge of on-line data system; visual and auditory skills.
- Obtain Property and Casualty Insurance Brokers License.
- Proven customer service and claim processing knowledge.
- Excellent business writing skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent computer and keyboarding skills; proficient in
Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to self-direct the completion of job duties
- Attend company meetings and training as required.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Tompkins Financial Corporation is committed to the hiring,
advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to
race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability, veteran status, marital status, family status, gender
identity or expression, sexual orientation, and genetic
information, or any other protected status in accordance with
applicable federal and state laws.
Keywords: Tomkins VIST Bank, Rochester , Claims Processor (Western & Central New York), Other , Batavia, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!