Requisition Number: 45397
Corning is one of the world's leading innovators in materials
science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its
unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical
physics to develop products that have created new industries and
transformed people's lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a
unique combination of material and process innovation, and close
collaboration with customers to solve tough technology
The Specialty Materials segment manufactures products that
provide more than 150 material formulations for glass, glass
ceramics and fluoride crystals to meet demand for unique customer
needs. Consequently, this segment operates in a wide variety of
commercial and industrial markets that include display optics and
components, semiconductor optics components, aerospace and defense,
astronomy, ophthalmic products, telecommunications components and
cover glass that is optimized for portable display devices.
Scope of Position:
Process Engineering Technician role is responsible for
supporting the Thin Films Coating manufacturing processes
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Work with engineering and operations to provide day to day
production support to resolve process issues that are outside our
standard operating parameters
- Maintain manufacturing processes using existing production
- Use and improve current metrology methods to monitor and
improve manufacturing performance.
- Specify and improve cleaning, material handling and storage
procedures within the thin film coating process flow.
- Identify and support process improvements to reduce cost
(Variation, cycle-time, complexity, and scrap reduction)
- Author documentation and provide training to the production
staff for all new processes
- Collaborate with the commercial and development engineering to
extend our current capabilities to meet future needs
- 2+ years manufacturing experience
- Previous experience or training in Mechanical, Optical, or
- Experience and familiarity with optics or related technical
manufacturing and process support.
- Hands on
- Strong Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively work with production groups and division
- Prioritize and multi-task
- Function as part of a team
- Ability to learn and grow
- Ability to transfer knowledge and experience to plant
- Performance excellence training and project leadership a plus -
Green Belt, Lean, or PQA experience
- Less than 5%. Typical travel includes training, networking
opportunities, customer visits, and benchmarking activities as
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
- Standard business hours M- F, with flexible schedule to
accommodate two shift production and weekend support, as
Corning offers a competitive salary, vacation, pension, and
family medical leave.
Are you ready to start an exciting career with Corning, Inc.?
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender,
age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to
receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact
us to request accommodation.
Nearest Major Market: Rochester