Product Designer II
Posted on: June 12, 2021
As the world's leading provider of cloud-based software and
technology solutions delivered by managed service providers (MSPs),
Datto believes there is no limit to what small and medium
businesses can achieve with the right technology.
Collaboration, teamwork, open communication, and transparency
are vital to our success. Datto motivates and empowers our
employees to grow through professional development, training
opportunities, and internal promotions. Whether it's on one of our
sport teams, monthly happy hours, or other company functions; work
hard play hard is not just a clich here. Comprehensive health care
packages and education reimbursement are just a few of our
Our UI/UX Designers are responsible for creating functional,
visually appealing designs to address user and business needs, and
that delight our users. They are passionate about creating
exceptional, gratifying user experiences, advocating for the
user-base, and constantly pushing to move the product-line forward.
This particular Designer role is focused on, but is not limited to,
the company's Digital Experience and Internationalization
A Look Inside the Job
- Lead and manage the design efforts on the company's
Internationalization efforts, as well as other DX (Digital
- Work with Product Management to define and prioritize user
stories and functional business requirements; assist in roadmap
planning and in the company's overall internationalization
- Translate user stories into functional business requirements
and simple, easy-to-use design concepts.
- Work with Engineering and Product Management teams to define,
analyze, and prototype software solutions.
- Identify opportunities to optimize the user experience of the
company's products to meet regional and localized needs and
- Create and document storyboards / prototypes illustrating
product features and business workflows, to communicate with
- Provide elegant and simple design solutions that offer enhanced
functionality while maintaining the integrity of the existing
- Turn visions into concepts and translate those concepts into
designs that illustrate simplicity, despite system / software
- Directly responsible for delivering enjoyable User Experience
visions, accurate UI specifications, and prototypes.
- 5 years of experience in User Experience / User Interface (UX /
UI) design; developing consumer-facing websites; developing web or
mobile User Experience designs.
- Strong understanding of UI / UX Design concepts, and an
ingrained sense of what makes an effective, delightful end user
- Experience designing products with an international market;
experience transitioning a product to an international market is a
- Experience with Figma and/or Axure.
- Experience in mobile strategy development is a plus.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, creativity,
and multi-tasking ability; Ability to receive constructive critique
of own work and use it to improve quality; Ability to be part of a
team and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong persuasive communication skills - able to "sell" product
visions and concepts to peers up to Executives.
- A Bachelor's Degree is required, and a Bachelor's Degree in
Human Computer Interaction or related field is a plus
- Experience with Figma and/or Axure
- Experience working on e.comm and/or quoting platforms
- A Bachelor's Degree in Human Computer Interaction or related
field is a plus
Note: We are looking only for candidates willing to join us
directly as W2 employees (No 3rd party candidates)
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and
offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package,
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Free lunch every Friday
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process
your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for
and for other open positions within our company for which you may
be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our
Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Datto, Rochester , Product Designer II, Other , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!