Managed Response Engineer- Data
Company: Finger Lakes Technologies Grp
Posted on: June 12, 2021
FirstLight is searching for a managed response engineer with a
primary focus on data technologies, who thrives in a dynamic
technical environment that will challenge you every day! This
position is a technical support and implementation position
entailing (PRIMARY) Routing/Switching, Wireless, Security, and Data
Center, as well as (SECONDARY) Voice over IP (VOIP) solution
support. You will establish and maintain network performance by
building network configurations and connections and troubleshoot
network problems. You will work with assigned customer(s) who have
aggressive SLA commitments, and/or specific managed services
contract obligations, this position is critical to succeeding up
market with large customers running complex communications
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes networking environment by designing system
configuration; directing system installation; defining,
documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance;
troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades;
collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies;
defining and monitoring access, and/or installing system patches as
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining
personal networks; participating in professional
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by
completing related results as needed.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing
information; managing projects.
- VOIP Technologies, Secure networks, and Wireless networks.
Configure Cisco routers and switches, sniffers (wire shark), data
shapers, protocol analyzers, and VPN technology.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting
ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring
opportunities to add value to the customer and FirstLight
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Flexible work schedule required, may vary depending on needs of
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, and SKILLS:
- Must pass Background Check. Contingency for employment
- A successful candidate must have a CCNA or higher. Any
specialization is acceptable (Route Switch, Wireless,
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant experience; or equivalent
combination of education and experience. Prior work in a technical
support / help desk environment a plus.
- To be successful, a candidate must be a self-motivated leader
who can create trust within the organization and work
collaboratively with all levels of the organization. Also, a
candidate must be organized and results focused in delivering
favorable financial results and supporting work.
Headquartered in Albany, New York, FirstLight provides
fiber-optic data, Internet, data center cloud and voice services to
enterprise and carrier customers throughout the Northeast
connecting nearly 9,000 locations in service with an additional
30,000 locations serviceable by its more than 15,000 route mile
We offer a competitive base salary and a generous commission
plan as well as an outstanding benefits package including health,
dental, vision, and life insurance, short-term and long-term
disability, 401(k) with company match, flexible spending accounts,
tuition reimbursement, paid training, and paid holidays and
FirstLight Fiber is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance
with state and federal laws, FirstLight's equal opportunity policy
is that all applicants and employees are treated equally by the
company with respect to employment opportunities, regardless of
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, or
veteran status or veteran disability.
Keywords: Finger Lakes Technologies Grp, Rochester , Managed Response Engineer- Data, Other , Victor, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!