Big Machine Operator - Penfield 12 Hour Night Shift
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you
will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for
your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to
support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make
significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific's Mission is to enable our customers to
make the world healthier, cleaner and safer, and the global
coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is a powerful reminder of the
importance of that Mission. In fact, Thermo Fisher is at the
forefront of the global response to COVID-19. We are working with
governments, agencies, industry partners and researchers globally
to ensure priority access to instruments, consumables, safety
supplies and other products to address the outbreak. Our efforts
have been particularly focused in supporting analysis of the virus,
diagnosis, personal protection, and ultimately helping in the
development of new therapeutics and vaccines.
How will you make an impact?
Big Machine Operator - Extrusion Blow Molding Department
12 Hour Nights - 6:45pm - 7:00am - Penfield, NY
What will you do?
- Starts and stops the machine and may assist the set-up people
in their duties, starting and breaking down set-ups.
- Under the direction of Set-up or Supervisor, adjusts controls,
remedies minor leaks and installs molds and components.
- Under training to read and understand set-up sheets
- Under the direction of Set-up, regulates extruder speed,
centers parison, and performs related operations on blow molding
- Provides proper care of molds, recognizes mold damage.
- Reports production problems and unsatisfactory quality to
Supervisor and Set-up.
- Identifies different resins and insures proper material is
- Performs post molding operations as appropriate, including
inspecting products; trimming, reaming and drilling; grinding flash
and rejected products molded.
- Cleans up work area including work table, machine components,
and grinding system.
- Keeps accurate production and time records as required.
- As necessary, performs duties that are required by Shift
- Alert Supervisor or Set-up personnel when problems first
- Adhere to all company and departmental work and safety
- Able to operate any machine or operation in department
How will you get here?
- High School Diploma or GED/HSE required
- Basic reading, writing and math skills.
- Previous Extrusion Blow Molding experience with basic mold
set-up and machine adjustments required.
- Familiar with resins used in extrusion processing. Also
familiarization with secondary equipment preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
What Thermo Fisher Offers to Employees:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits effective on first day of
employment (HSA/HRA available)
- Paid Time Off - 120 Hours a year
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 15% Shift differential for 12 Hour Nights
- 401(K) Retirement Plan - Company Matching Contribution up to
- Referral Bonus' starting at $1,000
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Stock Purchase discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounts and savings program for retailers, and other personal
goods & services
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in
serving science, with revenues of more than $25 billion and over
80,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers
to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve
complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver
medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through
our premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems,
Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - we offer an
unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing
convenience and comprehensive services.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Rochester , Big Machine Operator - Penfield 12 Hour Night Shift, Other , Penfield, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!