Director of Clinical Support Services
Company: Ibero-American Action League, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Under the supervision of the Senior Director of OPWDD Services,
the Director of Clinical Support Services will provide clinical
support to individuals, staff, and interdisciplinary teams and
improve overall quality and outcomes within the Developmental
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Facilitates a positive teaching and training atmosphere which
will be conducive to Individual growth and achievement of personal
- Leads interdisciplinary teams in the development and
implementation of person- centered and clinical support programming
- Supervises Nurses and Behavior Technicians
- Assists with the implementation of policies and procedures
- Works in collaboration with program to write POCA's and ensure
- Oversees treatment planning in collaboration with DD Division
Staff to ensure plans are person centered and meet
- Maintains a nuanced knowledge of current evidence-based
- Provides Management Team and Direct Support Professionals with
various regulatory and agency related education and training in
collaboration with the Training Coordinator
- Facilitates clinical team meetings
- Review Life Plans, Residential Habilitation Plans, Promote
Plans, and other necessary documentation to ensure compliance
treatment planning review
- Identify and manage high risk members and outcomes data
- Co-Chairs the Human Rights Committee (HRC) and participates in
the Incident Review Committee (IRC)
- Communicates with consultants as needed in effort to provide
care for residents
- Coordinates both in-house and community-based services in order
to promote integration of services
- Writes and prepares necessary correspondence, reports,
assessments and summaries as directed
- Ensures that programs meet state and federal regulations and
remain in regulatory compliance
- Available by phone and after hours for on call services and
provides support to the Level II On Call Rotation as assigned
- Any other duties assigned by supervisor.
This position holds a relatively high degree of independence
within the framework of the agency's policies and procedures. The
individual must be resourceful and able to display initiative and
understanding of OPWDD policies, procedures and regulations as a
framework, exercise initiative in setting priorities to task and
making decisions. Must keep immediate supervisor abreast of issues
and concerns which merit intervention from higher level management
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to
solve a problem.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers'
needs while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute
details of a project or task.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people
regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate professionalism conforming to
a set of values and accepted standards.
- Leadership- Ability to Motivate, influence, and support others
to accomplish team and organizational goals.
- Training & Presentation Skills.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with
others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing
clearly and concisely.
Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Nursing, or
Education is required.
- Clinical Credential preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years working with people with developmental
disabilities is required.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years' experience in process improvement,
program/project development and clinical quality improvement in the
- Maintains working knowledge of Federal, State and/or local
regulatory requirements of evidence based.
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Maintains valid NYS Driver's License
- A combination of training and experience other than the
specified, if judged to be adequate for the job, may be accepted by
the President and CEO.
The position does require occasional standing, squatting,
lifting of up to approximately 30 lbs. And frequent sitting.
Pay Range Statement
This position falls in a paygrade that starts at $52,00 per
annum for a 35 hour work week. We take education, experience and
additional certifications into account when determining what to pay
our employees. Our pay system is set up to allow our employees the
opportunity to grow during their time with us.
Keywords: Ibero-American Action League, Inc., Rochester , Director of Clinical Support Services, Other , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!