MAINTENANCE MECHANIC ($5,000 Sign On)
Company: H P Hood LLC
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Responsible for the preventative maintenance, repair,
installation of equipment, systems and utilities in a timely and
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands the functionality of equipment.
- Must possess the ability to troubleshoot and correct issues by
utilizing knowledge in hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, mechanical
maintenance, motors, control circuits, power supplies, basic
AC&DC theory, and power distribution.
- Reads and understands electrical schematics and is able to use
and understand electrical testing equipment.
- Understands boiler operations and can troubleshoot problems
related to steam generation.
- Responsible for the operation, maintenance and general repairs
to the anhydrous ammonia system.
- Ability to use hand tools including, lathes, drill presses,
saws, welding equipment, calibration equipment, etc. to
troubleshoot mechanical issues.
- Performs necessary repairs or preventative maintenance on all
- Understands operational urgency and supports production
- Communicates to Maintenance and/or Plant Manager any condition
that prevents the manufacture of products to established
- Ensures safe operational practices for self and other
- Adheres to all plant GMP and sanitation policies.
- Promotes SQF by maintaining food safety and food quality
through completing job tasks and maintaining the work area in a
- Performs any and all duties as directed by Supervision.
Education and Experience:
- GED or High School Diploma with at least 3+ years experience in
- Prior experience in industrial maintenance.
- Intermediate computer skills (i.e. Word, Excel, etc.)
- Excellent troubleshooting experience.
- Experience within PLC's and Ammonia Refrigeration
- Experience working with outside vendors and contractors.
Skills and Competencies:
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected
- Ability to successfully multi - task
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
HP Hood is an Equal Opportunity Employer
"VERVRAA Federal Contractor"
Keywords: H P Hood LLC, Rochester , MAINTENANCE MECHANIC ($5,000 Sign On), Other , Batavia, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!