SEC Senior Accountant
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Candidate may also reside in:
FL - St Petersburg
LA - Baton Rouge
ME - Auburn
NC - High Point
NY - Rochester
OH - Franklin
PA - Allentown
TN - Nashville
Assists in the preparation and review of external financial
statements and SEC filings, supports the Accounting Department in
areas of stand-alone financial statement review and readiness of
external audit work binders, and assists in production of Audit
Committee presentations and adhoc research on technical accounting
matters. Ensures adherence to procedures in accordance with company
- Prepares or reviews external financial statements and SEC
filings, including press releases, annual reports, proxy
statements, etc., to ensure complete, accurate, and timely
disclosure. This includes review of XBRL tagging.
- Acts as technical accounting resource to other parties, both
within and external to Finance, providing technical accounting
guidance on specific transactions or scenarios. Participates on
cross-functional teams to communicate technical knowledge, identify
questions or issues, and cooperate in the development of
recommendations. Partners with others to provide timely and
accurate answers to technical accounting questions and provide
education on technical accounting topics to appropriate
- Prepares or reviews stand-alone financial statements for
appropriateness and completeness of disclosures. Coordinates with
internal and external auditors for audits of these financial
statements. Reviews work binders and completes disclosure
checklists for external auditors.
- Provides timely and accurate data for Investor Relations events
to support Chief Financial Officer and Chief Executive. This
includes preparing and/or reviewing teleconference scripts and
power point slides.
- Reviews newly issued accounting standards to assess impacts to
the company. Prepares research on complex accounting matters for
distillation to reporting manager and other invested parties.
Provides draft disclosure on areas of new requirements including
presentations to the Audit Committee.
- Reviews and drafts internal accounting policies to ensure
consistency and adherence to applicable regulations. Coordinates
publishing of policies to Financial and Accounting home page for
use by all company employees.
- Prepares financial analysis of a complex nature to present
impacts to the company of various scenarios.
- Evaluates competitor disclosures and best practices for
analysis and comparison purposes, often on request from Senior
Executives. Determines improvements that can be made in the
company's financial statements and disclosures.
- Other duties as assigned to support the general purpose of the
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance - Required
- 5 years of experience in SEC Reporting or other relevant
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
- Demonstrates written communication skills.
- Articulate and responsive to colleagues.
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple priorities.
- Assumes personal responsibility for actions.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict
- Certified Public Accountant - Preferred
Paychex is dedicated to fostering a culture of intentional
Inclusion and Diversity (I&D). Our valued employees and
commitment to I&D is the essence of our internal and external
success. Inclusivity is a key value of our corporate culture and is
exemplified through our reputation as a top employer for employee
development, diversity, and ethics, as well as a focus on fairness
in recruitment, selection, and decision making.
Click here for more information on our corporate social
Keywords: Paychex, Rochester , SEC Senior Accountant, Other , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!