Posted on: June 10, 2021
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs duties in keeping the primary and
secondary rock crushers, screens and conveyors functioning in a
smooth and productive manner to crush rock into smaller usable
stone for stockpiling and later processing through kilns; and
perform all other duties indicated.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
- Must comply with company, state and governmental health and
safety regulations, policies, and procedures at all times.
- Makes visual checks of the primary and secondary crushers,
conveyors, feeders, screens, etc, at the beginning of the shift and
constantly throughout the shift to detect any malfunctioning or
problems and having them corrected immediately.
- Dislodges boulders in crusher using sledge hammer, Remote
controlled hydraulic hammer, or other tools and will notify
supervisor if blasting is necessary.
- Utilized the crusher computer to record various production and
crushing plant settings
- Signals truck driver when and where to dump material.
- Free all tail pulleys of mud and build-up and keep operational
at all times.
- Constantly watches the conveyor parameters to make sure they
are not overloaded, watches for and removes metal objects.
- Assist in servicing and lubrication of all crushers.
- Directs Crusher Helpers and Laborers to areas in the crushing
plant in need of attention.
- Helps clean off rock build-up on conveyors and clean-up of
crusher control area.
- Perform minor repairs on all equipment.
- Perform work assigned in a neat and orderly manner.
- Must perform all tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Report promptly anything requiring attention to
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be capable of working any shift, overtime, be on-call, or
work seven days a week, if needed.
- Must be able to multitask with a strong sense of urgency to
meet the customer needs.
- Must be able to work well within a team environment and take
instructions from management and co-workers.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work
- Must possess the basic reading and math skills.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess basic computer skills on how to use MS Office
products and SAP.
- Strong record of attendance reliability.
- Must know, understand and observe all department and plant
safety rules and maintain a high level of housekeeping in assigned
- Must be capable of performing the essential job duties required
of this job.
Physical Demands include, but are not limited to:
- Must be physically able to perform work assigned.
- Must be physically capable of accessing all plant
- Access all areas within a site which could include heights of
120 feet, confined spaces, climbing ladders or stairs, and
- Will be working at times in covered environment but mainly in a
- The employee will be exposed to the following working
conditions: Extreme Heat and Cold, Noise, Vibration, Oils, and
Atmospheric Conditions such as Dust, Fumes, and Lime/Mineral
- The employee will be required to perform the following actions
(from time to time): Standing, walking, balancing, stooping,
kneeling, reaching, talking, seeing, hearing and sitting.
- Ability to occasionally lift/carry 50 pounds as needed.
Preferred Experience: Quarry Experience and Crushing Plant
Required Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Preferred Education: Technical training or AA degree in
technical related field is desired.
For this position, being authorized to work in the U.S. is a
precondition of employment.
Lhoist North America offers a comprehensive benefits package
including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, life
insurance, 401K, and vacation. LNA also supports employee work-life
balance with telecommuting and compressed workweek options for many
Lhoist North America is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran
Keywords: Lhoist, Rochester , Crusher Operator, Other , Alabama, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!