Company: Ibero-American Action League, Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
FT Registered Nurse
Under the supervision of the Director of Clinical Support
Services, the Nurse will provide nursing services to program
participants and supervision to Medical Liaisons as outlined below.
In the absence of the Clinical Director, the Program RN will report
to the Senior Director of OPWDD Services.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide nursing services to program participants which
includes, but not limited to health education and management,
medication, monitoring, provides information and referral to
primary physician, and other medical or mental health
- Provide direct supervision and training to their assigned
- Actively participate in Incident Review Committee, Informed
Consent Committee and Human Rights committee as assigned by
- Work in collaboration with Residential Coordinators and
Director of Residential to enhance staff development among the DSP
workforce to include the Medical Liaison.
- Secures all health care services, in collaboration with the
Medical Liaison, to ensure quality access to health care services
for all individuals.
- Provide adequate instruction, training methods and support to
direct support professionals in the treatment plans.
- Physically examine and determine health status of program
participants and ensures that medication is prescribed, obtained
- Responsible for inventory of medical cabinet to include but not
limited to prescriptions, expiration dates, integrity of medical
- Responsible for maintenance and integrity of the medical
- Keeps program participant's records current including the
semi-annual nursing assessments for all programs as required by
Federal, State, County and Agency regulations.
- Provides medication training to staff, including medication
administration training practicums, updates and supervision.
- Ensures that programs meet state and federal standards in
regards to medical regulations. (633.17)
- Acts as liaison among day programs, families, and other service
providers for any medical related issues.
- Ensures the dissemination of documentation to programs as
- Obtains medical documentation and completes medical intake
process for all new participants.
- Participates in development of medical policies and procedures
for program participants.
- Attends specialty appointments for participants as
- Participate and maintains the comprehensive service planning
and implementation of individual support program plan and care of
each program participant.
- Provides required in-service per state, and local regulations
to include but not limited to; personal hygiene, family life, sex
education, detecting signs of illness or dysfunction, infection
control, and normal growth and development.
- Adherence to agency and program policy and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
This position holds a relatively high degree of independence
within the framework of the agency's policies and procedures. The
individual must be resourceful and able to display initiative and
understanding of OPWDD and federal policies, procedures and
regulations as a framework, exercises initiative in setting
priorities to task and in making decisions. Must assess situations
to determine the best course of action and follow established
policies and procedures as guidelines. Must keep immediate
supervisor abreast of issues and concerns which could merit
intervention from higher level management staff.
- Support a person's unique capacities, personality and
- Getting to know a person through assessment/discovery
- Promoting advocacy with the individual
- Facilitating personal growth and development
- Facilitation of supports and services
- Building and maintaining relationships
- Creating meaningful communication
- Develop professional relationships
- Exhibit professional behavior
- Show respect for diversity and inclusion
- Create meaningful documentation reports
- Education, training and self-development activities
- Organizational participation
- Exhibit ethical behavior on the job
- Promote positive behavior and support
- Supports health and wellness
- Prevents, recognizes and reports abuse
- Supports crisis prevention, intervention and resolution
- Supports safety
- Ensures safety of individuals during environmental
- Supports people to live in the home of their choice
- Supports active participation in the community
- Supports employment, education and career goal attainment
Skills and Abilities:
- Licensed Nurse and currently registered by the New York State
Department of Education with specialized training or one year
experience in treating individuals with developmental
- Experience providing training self-starter.
- Ability to work outside of normal working hours when
- Valid NYS driver's license.
- A combination of training and experience other than the
specified, if judged to be adequate for the job, may be accepted by
the President and CEO.
The position does require occasional standing, squatting,
lifting of up to approximately 30 lbs.
Pay Range Statement
This position falls in a paygrade that starts at $52,000.00 per
annum. We take education, experience and additional certifications
into account when determining what to pay our employees. Our pay
system is set up to allow our employees the opportunity to grow
during their time with us
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that
essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is
intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the
employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not
intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions,
responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and
requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the
Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or
assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem
Ibero American Action League is committed to the policy of equal
employment opportunity. This policy expressly prohibits
discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, creed,
national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation,
disability, genetic predisposition, gender identity or expression,
carrier status, domestic violence victim status, veteran status or
status as a member of any other protected group or activity.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran
Keywords: Ibero-American Action League, Inc., Rochester , Registered Nurse, Other , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!