Supply Chain Specialist Development Program Associate
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Requisition Number: 45823
Corning is one of the world's leading innovators in materials
science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its
unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical
physics to develop products that have created new industries and
transformed people's lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a
unique combination of material and process innovation, and close
collaboration with customers to solve tough technology
The Global Supply Management (GSM) Function is recognized as a
critical function for business success. It delivers the training,
tools and opportunities needed to create innovative solutions for
the function & the corporation. GSM has leading edge, effective
processes to anticipate and exceed customer requirements.
Scope of Position:
- Become a member of Corning Incorporated's Global Supply
Management (GSM) Buyer Development Program! The purpose of the
Buyer Development Program is to hire individuals to learn and apply
best practice GSM processes in preparation for a Buyer position
- Receive on-the-job training in overall procurement strategies
and processes through work assignments within Corporate Global
Supply Management, strategic sourcing, shared services, and
business plant areas.
- Assists with Business Global Supply Management (GSM) Strategy
- Deploys GSM strategies and plans to make decisions necessary to
purchase product or services aligned with organizational objectives
and sourcing strategies.
- Key player for Contract Administration.
- Owns/Assists with Supplier Relationship Management Process
(including supplier audits)
- Creates and maintains contractual documents (Supply Agreements,
Pricing Agreements, Non- Disclosure Agreements, Certificates of
- Assists with Commodity Reviews and Supply Intelligence
- Recommends changes to purchasing practices/supply management to
ensure conformance with established laws, policies, and ethical
principles). Participates in the planning and implementation of
- Participates in cross-functional teams focused on process
improvements, cost reduction and supply chain issue resolution
- Protects Intellectual Property (IP).
- Ensures compliance with internal and external auditing
requirements related especially to GSM or any other certification
- Champions and advocates for the Global Buying Policy. Ensures
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assured supply of materials, equipment and
services, (on time, best price, high quality) in addition to
competitive costs, minimizing inventories while ensuring optimum
materials utilization, and supplier performance for the Emerging
Innovations Group and the R,D and E directorates as needed
- Integrate into the Emerging Innovations Group to establish
linkage with new and existing projects to communicate policies and
procedures related to Global Supply Management (GSM) and establish
shared objectives to drive results
- Work with customers to establish requirements and evaluate
sourcing, cost savings, and/or value add opportunities.
- Assists in developing sourcing strategies, including evaluating
the potential supply chain, intellectual property protection and
total cost of ownership utilizing supplier and market intelligence.
(cost modeling, low cost sourcing activities, consortiums,
competitive bidding etc)
- Ensure sourcing strategies include focus on multi sourcing and
risk mitigation plans to ensure can meet future growth plans
- Lead Buyer sourcing activities; create RFI, RFP, RFQ's
(requests for information, proposal or quote).
- Negotiate agreements and develop contracts with potential
and/or current major suppliers to obtain maximum value. Deploy
suppliers and processes to Corning locations.
- Manage supplier performance with Supplier Relationship
Management tools and resolve performance issues. Collaborate with
technical and engineering teams to maintain effective supplier
- Assures Contribution Metrics are updated and linked with
site/business cost reduction portfolio.
- Limited: Occasional trips to US and International Corning sites
for project coordination or issue resolution. Travel also includes
vendor sites and industry conferences. Typically no more than 15 -
20 days per year.
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
- Normal work week 40+ hours (Monday - Friday)
- Masters in Supply Chain
- CPM, CPSM, CPIM
Required Years and Area of Experience:
- 1-3 years related education / business / project management or
- Experience working in a matrix environment or on a
- Can deal with ambiguity
- Problem solving
- Communication and influencing sills: one on one and group
- Customer focus: understanding customer requirements and
- Acts with Integrity and Authenticity
- Financial / Analytic skills: collects, analyzes & leverages
- Knowledge of the source to pay process
- Knowledge of negotiations, contract writing / Management
- Project Management skills
- Supply Chain knowledge / experience
- Ability to work with multiple suppliers and "customers"; . . .
many people requesting support / assistance at all levels of the
- Ability to lead and work effectively on team projects
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Results oriented, self - starter
- Values differences in people / ideas
- Team player
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender,
age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to
receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact
us to request accommodation.
Nearest Major Market: Corning
Keywords: Corning, Rochester , Supply Chain Specialist Development Program Associate, Other , Corning, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!