Sign-on bonus up to $500.00! No previous experience needed.
The Arc Wayne of Newark, NY, a Human Services Agency, is hiring
immediately entry-level full-time, part-time, and per diem/relief
Residential Direct Support Professionals (DSP) to support adults
with developmental disabilities in obtaining life goals. The role
of the DSP is to teach, encourage, inspire, mentor, influence,
instruct, nurture, and praise the individuals that you support.
All COVID-19 safety requirements are strictly adhered to at The
Arc Wayne and all PPE are provided for all employees. The safety of
the individuals we support and the safety of our employees are both
very important to The Arc Wayne. Training on all safety
requirements will be provided during the onboarding process.
ABOUT US: The Arc Wayne, a parent-based organization, advocates
for and supports persons of all ages with or without disabilities.
We assist individuals in taking them full, independent, productive
place in society through an array of quality, individualized
services. With compassion, understanding, and support, we connect
individuals and families to a world of possibilities that promote
independence. We are person-centered, respectful, reliable,
inclusive, and dedicated to our community!
Residential Direct Support Professional Responsibilities:
- Support individuals with daily living skills including
housekeeping, cooking, hygiene, and self-administration of
- Build relationships with people with disabilities and learn
their individual differences in ability, personality, interests,
learning, motivation, and likes and dislikes.
- Work closely with Resident Team Members to learn each
Individual's Life Plan
- Collaborate with each individual support to create growth on
personal goals while prioritizing health and safety.
- Positively influenced by assessment and providing skills that
will assist them in integrating into the community in the
restrictive least environment.
It is rewarding to see your work as a DSP pay off when the
people you support achieve their goals.
" The best thing about this job is the rewarding feeling I get
in knowing that what I do every day helps make a difference in
someone else's day. " - Resident Team Member
The Arc Wayne Benefits:
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-the-job paid training provided to learn all the necessary
knowledge, skills, and abilities to be successful in the DSP
Residential Direct Support Professionals Qualifications:
- No previous experience required
- All Residential Direct Support Professionals must be 18 years
- Valid NYS driver's license preferred
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to physically assist individuals who use wheelchairs
We are hiring immediately for entry-level candidates with any
background. Experience as caregivers, direct care workers,
childcare, Home Health Aide or Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) is
a plus! DSP Overnight, Evening, and Daytime shifts available.
Apply now to join The Arc Wayne team!!