Direct Support Professional - Community Habilitation
Company: Ibero-American Action League, Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Direct Support Professional Community Habilitation 04/2021
JOB TITLE DATE
Home and Community Based Services Full-Time
DIVISION POSITION STATUS
Community Habilitation Coordinator Non-Exempt___
TITLE OF IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR FLSA STATUS
Under the supervision of the Community Habilitation Coordinator,
the Direct Support Professional Community Habilitation is
responsible for ensuring delivery of quality services to all
individuals served. The Direct Support Professional will be part of
an Interdisciplinary Treatment Team.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide training, guidance and support to community-based
adults using principles of individual choice and skill enhancement
to assist them in living independently as outlined in their staff
- Support people in learning skills and obtaining the support
needed to pursue personal interests, integration and
- Provides training and guidance both in home and in the
community to assist people living at home with their family in
having a coordinated effort of services.
- Actively participates in the development, implementation and
documentation of treatment or habilitation plans.
- Assists in planning and promoting recreation-based activities
based on each person's needs.
- Maintains up-to-date daily program notes, progress notes and
billing for each program participant as assigned.
- Submits daily notes, progress notes and billing by the 3rd of
each month to program coordinator.
- Submits summaries by the 10th of each month to program
coordinator for review.
- As needed, transports individuals to/ from various activities,
including volunteer activities, and any other goal set in their
staff action plan.
- Ensures that fire safety needs are met, by assessing and
revising it with their family.
- Attends mandatory training and/or meetings as scheduled.
- Maintains up to date all necessary first aid and CPR
- All other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
This position exercises considerable initiative and independence
in setting goals, accomplishing activities and completing
individuals goals. Under the general supervision of the Program
Coordinator, the Direct Support Professional Community Habilitation
will maintain a professional and responsible work environment for
- Support a person's unique capacities, personality and
- Getting to know a person through assessment/discovery
- Promoting advocacy with the individual
- Facilitating personal growth and development
- Facilitation of supports and services
- Building and maintaining relationships
Competency Statement(s) Continued:
- Creating meaningful communication
- Develop professional relationships
- Exhibit professional behavior
- Show respect for diversity and inclusion
- Create meaningful documentation reports
- Education, training and self-development activities
- Organizational participation
- Exhibit ethical behavior on the job
- Promote positive behavior and support
- Supports health and wellness
- Prevents, recognizes and reports abuse
- Supports crisis prevention, intervention and resolution
- Supports safety
- Ensures safety of individuals during environmental
- Supports people to live in the home of their choice
- Supports active participation in the community
- Supports employment, education and career goal attainment
Skills and Abilities:
- High School diploma or GED
- Valid NYS driver's license
- 6 months experience working with community human service
providers and working with Developmentally Disabled population
- Bilingual preferred, not required
- Basic cooking skills
- A combination of training and experience other than the
specified, if judged to be adequate for the job, may be accepted by
the President and CEO
The position does require occasional standing, squatting,
lifting of up to approximately 40 lbs.
Ibero American Action League is committed to the policy of equal
employment opportunity. This policy expressly prohibits
discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, creed,
national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation,
disability, genetic predisposition, gender identity or expression,
carrier status, domestic violence victim status, veteran status or
status as a member of any other protected group or activity.
Keywords: Ibero-American Action League, Inc., Rochester , Direct Support Professional - Community Habilitation, Other , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!