Scientist, Power Supply Design Engineer
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Job Title: Scientist, Power Supply Design Engineer
Job Code: SAS20210705-60979
Job Location: Palm Bay-FL, Rochester-NY, Colorado Springs-CO, or
We are currently in the need of professionals with experience in
spacecraft and spacecraft electrical power subsystem (EPS). This
individual will establish enduring partnerships through guidance
and development of spacecraft platforms reaching across a broad
portfolio of spacecraft payload applications. Innovative thinkers
are needed to capitalize on marketplace product development, shape
our supplier partnerships, advocate for internal development
opportunities, and standardize the design and manufacturing cycle
of the EPS. General familiarity of spacecraft power subsystems is
needed including solar arrays, batteries, power topologies and
charging systems, power control/switching, regulation, distribution
and power quality. The candidate would focus upon business
strategies leveraging existing solutions and/or developing scalable
solutions driven by IR&D and program investments.
Additionally, the candidate will work with internal and external
functional/cross-functional teams developing technology roadmaps,
assisting in design, and resolving issues in current development
efforts, as well as engage, influence and drive future architecture
product offerings and proposals.
- Program support include mission/requirements definition,
concept generation, trade studies, preliminary and final design,
component selection, integration, test support materials selection,
and design documentation
- Collaboration with manufacturing operation for fabrication in a
program team environment.
- Prepare and present design approach and simulations at internal
and customer design reviews.
- Support Root Cause Corrective Actions (RCCA) and Failure Review
- Work independently or lead a small team of designers.
- A Bachelor's degree with at least 12 years of experience OR a
Graduate Degree with at least 10 years or experience
- Experience interpreting high level requirements to develop
- Comprehensive experience of electronic power design, devices,
control loop theory, thermal management, custom magnetics design,
PWB layout and EMI filtering.
- Technical knowledge in spacecraft power subsystems which
include solar arrays, batteries, power topologies and charging
systems, power control/switching, regulation, distribution, and
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Active TS/SCI Clearance a plus
- Experience with mission/requirements definition, concept
generation, trade studies, preliminary and final design, component
selection, integration, test support materials selection, and
- Experience collaborating with manufacturing operation for
fabrication in a program team environment.
- Experience with Root Cause Corrective Actions (RCCA) and
Failure Review Boards (FRB).
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, ability to
interact with a cross functional team
- Ability to collaborate across all levels of leadership.
Keywords: L3Harris, Rochester , Scientist, Power Supply Design Engineer, Other , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!