Administrative Assistant - Corning, NY
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Requisition Number: 47244
Corning is one of the world's leading innovators in materials
science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its
unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical
physics to develop products that have created new industries and
transformed people's lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a
unique combination of material and process innovation, and close
collaboration with customers to solve tough technology
Corning's Display Technologies segment manufactures glass
substrates for active matrix liquid crystal displays ("LCDs") that
are used primarily in LCD televisions, notebook computers and flat
panel desktop monitors.
Scope of Role:
- Provides administrative support for Display Innovation and
Systems Engineering team as well as innovation programs in
- Coordinates schedules, tours, purchases and related tasks for
Display Applications Lab
- Maintains financial, operational, procurement and other
administrative reporting for the team
Role & Responsibilities:
- Maintains calendars, including meeting and WebEx scheduling,
addressing conflicts proactively and assisting team to prepare in
- Supports travel arrangements, scheduling, other needs for team
members traveling from Asia, and expense reports, upon request
- Maintains communications list and guidelines
- Coordinates with Display Administrative team on business wide
initiatives, key events
- Acts as information source for new administrative policies and
- Supports sharepoint and other team information sharing methods,
- Coordinates team events, special projects, department
activities, upon request
- Maintains DAL calendar and keeps active list of tour
- Ensures clear objectives, smooth execution of tours
- Processes POs and other operational tasks in a timely
- Obtains feedback and proposes improvements for DAL tours,
- Tracks department and project spending on regular basis,
addressing any inconsistencies
- May prepare letters, reports, graphs, presentations using
Excel, Powerpoint, Word, upon request
- Proposes and implements procedures to improve workflow
Education & Experience:
- We require an Associates degree in business / communications
- We prefer 3+ years of experience
- Fluency with Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and
collaboration tools (WebEx, Microsoft Teams)
- Familiar with basic project management skills (scheduling,
budget tracking, etc.).
- Strong organizational skills, works in timely and thorough
manner, looks ahead and anticipates challenges / opportunities.
Takes initiative to improve processes, work environment.
- Works well with variety of individuals, across different
functions; maintains positive attitude.
- Strong communication skills, ability to stay calm under
difficult situations and communicate clearly across organization
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
Corning offers a competitive salary, vacation, pension, and
family medical leave.
Are you ready to start an exciting career with Corning, Inc.?
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender,
age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to
receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact
us to request accommodation.
Nearest Major Market: Corning
Keywords: Corning, Rochester , Administrative Assistant - Corning, NY, Other , Corning, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!