Company: Nexstar Media Group
Posted on: June 9, 2021
WROC-TV8, a CBS Affiliate, seeks an experienced and credible
Weekend Meteorologist to forecast weather conditions. Produces and
anchors weather reports for all platforms in a manner that is
clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produces and presents weather reports for all platforms.
- Ensures all content meets standards for journalistic integrity
and production quality.
- Writes and delivers weather stories in a clear and concise
- Assists in writing, copy editing, researching, and coordinating
- Responds to breaking and/or severe weather events and other
urgent newsrooms situations as required.
- Writes and reports live and recorded news stories as
- Participates in promotional activities including public
- Writes web stories detailing the local forecast on a daily
- Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites.
- Ensures station compliance with rules and regulations
applicable to FCC, local, state, and federal laws.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Meteorology.
- Minimum three years' experience in weather reporting and
- Minimum two years on-air experience with superior on-air
- Proficient with Weather Central.
- Strong understanding of Meteorology and a proven track record
of forecasting lake effect snow.
- AMS Certification preferred.
- Fluency in English; excellent communication skills, both oral
and written, with the ability to ad lib.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle
multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Flexibility to work any shift.
Keywords: Nexstar Media Group, Rochester , Meteorologist I, Other , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!