EPPI Bilingual Intake Specialist - Temp Position
Company: Ibero-American Action League, Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Under the supervision of the SEES Coordinator, the Rent
Assistance Intake Specialist will address the critical need of
rental assistance within Monroe County. Rental assistance will be
provided to individuals affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. The SEES
department's primary focus is to assist individuals in identifying
and implementing steps towards improved social, health, and quality
of life outcomes that are sustainable.
- Receive referrals for eligible individuals and provide initial
- Initiate contact with applicants via phone, email, virtually or
- Process applications and ensure eligibility requirements are
- Collect and process all required documentation.
- Follow up with clients on a weekly basis until completion of
- Communicate effectively with clients, landlords, internal
staff, program leads or other community partners.
- Initiates follow up with landlords, finance department or
program leads as needed.
- Maintain accurate record of budgets and collaborate with the
finance department on meeting program requirements.
- Collect required data through assigned database systems.
- Maintain accurate notes on client profile on their status and
- Follow internal process and procedures as set by SEES director
- Informs all clients of other SEES, Ibero or community resources
available and provide referrals as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Assist in other rental assistance program activities.
- Assist with other team functions as directed by
- Provide interpretation services as needed to ensure application
is processed in a timely manner.
- Maintain knowledge of community resources.
- Develop trusting relationships with clients.
- Assist with department hotline as needed.
- Provide reports and meet deadlines as assigned by
- Demonstrate commitment to department and agency over all
- Prepares statistical and narrative reports as required by
funders and the agency.
- Constantly monitor data integrity.
- Participates in community activities as assigned during regular
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer skills and Microsoft Office
- Maintain healthy boundaries with clients, families and Ibero
Position Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to maintain an organized work environment.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate high
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly during peak
- Ability to perform other tasks as assigned in a timely
- Ability to work with people regardless of their age, gender
identity, race, ethnicity, religion.
- Ability to maintain professional when dealing with clients
experiencing crisis or mental health.
- Ability to motivate and support other staff to accomplish team
and organizational goals.
- Ability to follow a systematic method of performing a
- Ability to accept constructive feedback.
- Ability to complete standard clerical tasks.
- Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and
- Ability to communicate effectively with others via email, phone
or face to face.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office products with little
- Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
- Ability to maintain all client and services provided
- Ability to learn hands on and demonstrate high level of
initiative when learning role.
- The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Must be Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Prior experience in Case Management, Customer Services or
- Must have fingerprint clearance through NYS Department of
- A combination of training and experience other than the
specified, if judged to be adequate for the job, may be
- Ability to lift to approximately 10lbs and frequent
Keywords: Ibero-American Action League, Inc., Rochester , EPPI Bilingual Intake Specialist - Temp Position, Other , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!