Clinical Secretary - OB/GYN - Full Time Day/eve
Company: Thompson Health
Posted on: June 8, 2021
- The Clinical Secretary participates in the multi-disciplinary,
team-based process of patient care via the provision of office
- The Clinical Secretary plays a vital role in assuring whole
patient care is made available to each individual via answering
phones, convenient appointment scheduling, accurate and timely
referrals and prior authorizations as well as issue
- The Clinical Secretary is responsible verifying eligibility,
collecting appropriate patient payments as well as ensuring
compliance and appropriate maximum reimbursement.
- He/she must also understand, interpret and apply knowledge on
multiple insurance benefits to specific patient needs.
- The Clinical Secretary will input, classify and manage
documentation in the office's electronic medical record (EMR)
- The Clinical Secretary will assist in, and perform diverse
tasks required to maintain an efficient and organized office.
- He/he will actively support physicians and nurses and be an
enthusiastic participant in departmental meetings and actively
identify ways to improve processes and service to patients.
- The Clinical Secretary functions under the direct supervision
of the Practice Manager or Coordinator and under the daily guidance
- Individual must be able to manage demanding workload with
accuracy and represent the office and staff professionally.
- Position requires excellent customer service skills with
patients, and their families, other staff, physicians and other
providers, management, vendors, and the public.
Required Job Specific Competencies:
- Demonstrates skill in administrative support within a medical
office setting including but not limited to use of an Electronic
Medical Record (EMR), Microsoft Word, insurer systems, etc. as well
as creative and efficient appointment scheduling, document
classification, patient outreaches, insurance verification,
Medicare Secondary Payor and other forms accuracy and HIPAA
- Shows caring and concern for all patients.
- Demonstrates patient centered approach to care, adhering to all
NCQA's Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) requirements for the
delivery of evidence-based care that supports the population
- Exhibits time management skills, keyboarding skills and
multi-tasking abilities to assure business components of the
practice are maintained at an efficient and effective level.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop and maintain collaborative
working relationships with providers, all staff and Practice
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently and exhibits
flexibility in decision making and prioritizing assignments.
- Exhibits leadership skills through active support of practice
and system goals and objectives
- Actively guards the confidentiality of sensitive information
including but not limited to the patients, staff and the health
- Can successfully complete the Hospital orientation program and
department specific orientation.
- Lives the CARES values at all times.
Qualifications: (Licenses, Certifications)
- Medical Administrative certification preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Medical terminology required.
- Medical Administrative certification preferred
- Medical secretarial experience required.
- Medical background required.
- Strong EMR experience preferred.
- Computer knowledge and skills including but not limited to
Outlook and Microsoft Office required.
- Knowledge of multiple insurance policies, administrative
requirements, copayments, benefit coverage and their application to
multiple patients for multiple scenarios as presented in practice
setting is strongly preferred.
Thompson Health is an EOE encouraging women, minorities,
individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply
Keywords: Thompson Health, Rochester , Clinical Secretary - OB/GYN - Full Time Day/eve, Other , Canandaigua, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!