Thermo Fisher Scientific's Mission is to enable our customers to
make the world healthier, cleaner and safer, and the global
coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is a powerful reminder of the
importance of that Mission. In fact, Thermo Fisher is at the
forefront of the global response to COVID-19. We are working with
governments, agencies, industry partners and researchers globally
to ensure priority access to instruments, consumables, safety
supplies and other products to address the outbreak. Our efforts
have been particularly focused in supporting analysis of the virus,
diagnosis, personal protection, and ultimately helping in the
development of new therapeutics and vaccines.
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you
will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for
your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to
support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make
significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact as an Inspector Packer?
Under the direction of the Manufacturing Supervisor, the
Inspector Packer is responsible for inspection, assembly, and
packing of products.
12 Hour Shift - Days - 6:45am - 7:00pm, Fairport, NY
What will you do as an Inspector Packer?
- Become familiar with product lines and all related visual
defects in order to identify rejected parts.
- Visually inspects bottles retrieved from machines, conveyor
lines or taken from bulk containers and makes quality decision on
each part. Recognizes out-of-spec production and advises supervisor
or set-up personnel.
- Perform 15-minute inspections of high-volume production.
- Set up work area where applicable as a controlled environment
where attire consists of hats, gloves, beard masks and coats.
- Perform housekeeping responsibilities necessary to maintain a
clean environment necessary for the production of media bottles
throughout the shift.
- Maintain necessary paperwork levels throughout the shift (i.e.
15-minute inspection form, MQC sheet) pertaining to the production
- Work to established QC samples.
- Alert Supervisor/Team Lead or Set-up personnel when problems
- Adhere to all company and departmental work and safety
- Able to operate any machine or operation in department
How will you get here?
Inspector Packer Education/Experience
- Must possess a High School diploma or a GED.
- Must be able to read, write, and understand the English
- Must be able to perform simple math such as add, subtract whole
- Must have excellent hand/eye coordination skills, and the
ability to lift and load pallets with weights up to 35 pounds.
Inspector Packer Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Ability to work in a high speed, repetitive production
- Must be able to work well with others in a team
- Able to adjust to changing operating conditions quickly and
efficiently and vary pace as required.
What Thermo Fisher Offers to Employees:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits effective on first day of
- Paid Time Off - Eligible to accrue up to 120 hours of Paid Time
Off (PTO), pro-rated based on start date
- Paid Holidays
- 401(K) Retirement Plan - Company Matching Contribution up to
- Shift Premium for night shift employees
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in
serving science, with revenues of nearly $25 billion and
approximately 75,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable
our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve
complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver
medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through
our premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems,
Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - we offer an
unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing
convenience and comprehensive services.