New Competitive Rates!
Sign-On Bonuses up to $10,000
- Terms of payment vary based on experience*
Are you ready to join an organization where delivering high
quality patient-centered care, compassion, teamwork, and integrity
are the basis for how we work? At Arnot Health, we are focused on
delivering high-quality, safe, cost-effective, socially responsible
health care services.
Arnot Health, an integrated healthcare delivery system, is
conveniently located in the Southern Tier and Finger Lakes region
of New York, which is known for its charm, scenic settings, and
historical significance. We offer competitive pay, benefits, paid
time off, tuition reimbursement, and advancement opportunities. We
welcome your application.
Full-time and part-time openings on all shifts.
A caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for a
group of patients under the supervision/direction of a registered
nurse. Reports to the Director of Department to which assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs data collection in an ongoing and systematic manner
focusing on physiologic, psychological, and cognitive status.
- Provides care to patients under the direction or supervision of
the registered professional nurse using the plan of care.
- Recognizes change in patient status and communicates
significant information promptly in an organized, logical and
concise manner to a RN.
- Implements care in a knowledgeable, skillful, consistent, and
continuous manner based on plan of care.
- Establishes priorities of patient care.
- Demonstrates competency in performing nursing skills as
evidenced by positive RN evaluation.
- Identifies patient/significant other learning needs;
communicates needs to RN and follows plan(s) for teaching.
- Documents in a timely and accurate manner using designated
a. Nursing and/or medical intervention
b. Patient's response to intervention
- Maintains confidentiality of patient data.
- Functions with an awareness of risk management, safety issues
and adheres to Arnot Health and Division of Nursing policies and
procedures regarding infection control.
- Performs efficiently in emergency situations following
established protocols; documents events appropriately.
- Demonstrates knowledge base for designated patient population.
Identifies own knowledge deficits and promptly seeks
resources/consultation to meet these needs in order to provide safe
- Demonstrates awareness of basic legal issues in all aspects of
patient care and unit function, and strives to minimize risks.
- Administers medication (including intravenous fluids) according
to policy, and practices safely as evidenced by no repeated pattern
Graduate of a Practical Nursing Program registered by the New
York State Education or by the licensing authority of another
CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION (CPR) REQUIREMENTS:
Basic Life Support (BLS) required within 90 days of hire date.
Advance Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) is required in critical care
Appreciable physical effort required. Moving, lifting and
assisting patients whose size and physical abilities can vary
greatly. Some lifting, reaching and stooping. Required to be on
feet much of the time.