Supply Chain & Logistics Analyst
Posted on: June 8, 2021
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
- The Supply Chain & Logistics Analyst will support the East Lime
team in recommendations regarding the following:
- Financial and business decision making and achievement of
operational excellence. This all-encompassing role requires that
financial analysis and consultation be designated to key
operational areas. Key duties will include controlling and
forecasting, monitoring business performance, financial modeling,
compiling KPI's, and working cross functionally within the
- On a regular and continuous basis, exercises business and
administrative judgment and assumes responsibility for decisions,
consequences, and results having an impact on people, costs, and/or
quality of service, both on control and planning matters.
- Work with Management to identify cost savings and efficiencies,
review business cases for projects, support business owners with
their analysis needs, take ownership of results and ensure that
monthly actuals are accurate and complete on a business view.
- Assists in the analysis of Supply Chain & Logistics data,
extracts and defines relevant information; interprets data for the
purpose of determining past performance and/or to project
probability with a clear with business decisions.
- Develops Supply Chain & Logistics reports for forecasting,
trending, and results analysis with the team.
- Involved in the Oversee Daily Shipping and Loading at each
- Oversee barges, railcar, truck and bag/slurry loading and
- Maintain daily reporting of shipments and weekly forecast.
Maintain daily dispatch schedule.
- Involved in the Railcar Management at each of the
- Work with plants and regional Logistics Manager to manage
Monitor, manage, and dispute any incorrect demurrage costs.
- Ensure Files and Record keeping are maintained and accurate at
- Manage the Transportation Agreements with all carriers.
Maintain the records for all rates, truck, rail, and barge for
- Provide Customer Service Support
- Interact with internal and external customers as well as
Be involved in total quality process and continuous improvement
of customer confidence by knowing the customer's demands for
quality and quantity in relationship to inventory and customer
- Provide training and guidance on any current or new logistics
systems/tools for the site shipping teams at the locations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to
write business reports and conduct presentations regarding
conclusions and recommendations to support the
- Ability to conduct detailed business analysis with emphasis on
financial, cost control and business issues.
- Must be capable of working any shift, on-call, overtime, or
seven days a week, if needed.
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead and get results
- Must be able to improve working conditions (safety, quality,
- Must be able to assist the leadership team on improving a
system of shipping controls, standard operating procedure, safety,
quality control, and performance management
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good public speaking skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects and
meeting all required deadlines.
- Strong sense of urgency in meeting customer needs.
- Good understanding of environmental, safety and the desire to
following all established procedures are required.
- Extremely dependable. The time-sensitive nature of the position
requires excellent attendance and complete customer focus.
- Must have good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and
PowerPoint. Knowledge and application in management of equipment
data and use of the CRM and SAP is a plus.
Physical Demands include, but are not limited to:
- Must be physically able to perform work assigned.
- Must be physically capable of accessing all plant
- Tolerate working outside in severe weather conditions as well
as exposure to industrial high temperature, noise and dust.
- Access all areas within a site which could include heights of
120 feet, confined spaces, climbing ladders or stairs, and
- Will be working in an office environment, mining, and mineral
- The employee will be exposed to the following working
conditions: Extreme Heat and Cold, Noise, Vibration, Oils, and
Atmospheric Conditions such as Dust, Fumes, and Metallic
- The employee will be required to perform the following actions
(from time to time): Standing, walking, balancing, stooping,
kneeling, reaching, talking, seeing, hearing and sitting.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to travel up to 30% to the various locations.
Required Experience: 3-5 years of previous project leadership
experience in a supply chain, logistics, customer service,
shipping, distribution or heavy transportation, manufacturing,
construction, and/or mining/mineral/clay processing environment is
Required Education: High School Diploma or GED required. BS
degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business, Finance, Engineering
or technical related field or equivalent work experience in the
field is desired.
Lhoist North America offers a comprehensive benefits package
including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, life
insurance, 401K, and vacation. LNA also supports employee work-life
balance with telecommuting and compressed workweek options for many
Lhoist North America is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran
Keywords: Lhoist, Rochester , Supply Chain & Logistics Analyst, Other , Alabama, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!