Posted on: June 8, 2021
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the safe, efficient operations
and maintenance of the mobile mining equipment fleet at the O'Neal
Quarry and crushing plant. Ensures that the mine plan is
effectively implemented to maintain the long-term viability of the
reserve; is the safety Champion of the mining team, tracks & drives
productivity resulting in the most efficient cost/ton mined. Works
closely with the Plant Manager related to maintenance activities of
the fixed crushing plant equipment.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
Leadership for safety and environment for mining operations.
- Ensure regulatory compliance.
- Conduct monthly safety meetings.
- Integrate corporate EH&S core initiatives at the Quarry
- Actively participate in audits for regulatory, safety, and
environmental compliance at the Quarry site.
- Proactively demonstrate core values and establish safety and
environmental standards for all mining related activities.
- Responsible for all reclamation activities at the mine
Implementing Mining Plan developed in collaboration with the
Regional Senior Mining Engineer.
- Provide data to support the R&R process
- Participation in the development of the 5-year mine plan
- Timely completion of Annual Material Movement (AMM) plans
- Coordinate with corporate G&M on planning to ensure timely
completion of quarry budgets (mining and crushing), in Lowest
sustainable Mining Cost (LSMC) format.
- Monthly LSMC review and reporting, variances understood, and
cost improvement plans developed
- Monthly mining KPIs review and reporting, variances explained,
and performance improvement plans developed.
- Mining improvement opportunities identified, and continuous
improvement program recommendations submitted to optimize
performance (KPIs) and costs (LSMC)
- Ensure mine QC process/practices are integrated and implemented
to meet corporate QC core initiatives.
Communicate with Mining Team (corporate Geologist and Mine
Planner) to discuss and seek consensus resolution to mining related
issues and improvements:
- Maintain monthly communication with managers, plant managers,
regional directors and G&M on status of mine plan
- Communicate mining related issues with Mining Team members,
seeking consensus resolution at the lowest level and escalating
- Continually drive process improvement opportunities.
- Facilitate planning to support projects at the mine site.
- Provide feedback to drive/leverage new opportunities within or
between existing operations.
Develop the human resources at the mine site to provide
stability for future operations, as well as "bench strength" for
- Responsible for the development of mining professionals to
ensure that competent resources are in place to operate/manage
- Communicate mining professional's performance highlights to
plant managers, regional directors and corporate M&E
- Work with plant managers/regional directors and H.R. /
competency centers / functions to develop mining professionals MRAs
in addition to training and needs development plans
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience in dealing with State and Federal agencies and how
they impact the safety and environmental aspects of the
- Proven track record in modern quarry operations, experience
with production and process control
- Working knowledge of MSHA regulations and environmental
- Positive and proactive attitude with an ability to address
issues and implement solutions
- Demonstrated ability to assess organizational and people
issues, provide coaching and mentoring, and deliver solutions that
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, strong organization
and prioritization skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills are required to work through the company's
operating budget, capital planning and performance progress through
the use of Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and other
- Good leader or supervisory experience is required.
- Must be willing to be hands-on and not afraid to perform other
- Must be capable of working any shift, on-call, overtime, or
seven days a week, if needed.
- Must be able to improve working conditions (safety, quality,
productivity, cost) and increase subordinates' skills and
- Ability to plan and direct the work of hourly personnel and to
train and develop an effective workforce and administrate
corrective action is a plus
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects and
meeting all required deadlines.
- Strong sense of urgency in meeting customer needs.
- Good understanding of environmental, safety and the desire to
following all established procedures are required.
- Must have good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and
Physical Demands include, but are not limited to:
- Must be physically able to perform work assigned.
- Must be physically capable of accessing all plant
- Tolerate working outside in severe weather conditions as well
as exposure to industrial high temperature, noise and dust.
- Access all areas within a site which could include heights of
120 feet, confined spaces, climbing ladders or stairs, and
- Will be working in both an office environment and in a mining
- The employee will be exposed to the following working
conditions: Extreme Heat and Cold, Noise, Walking on Uneven
Surfaces, Vibration, Oils, and Atmospheric Conditions such as Dust,
Fumes, and Metallic Particles.
- The employee will be required to perform the following actions
(from time to time): Standing, walking, balancing, stooping,
kneeling, reaching, talking, seeing, hearing and sitting.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Required Experience: Minimum of 2-4 years of previous leader or
supervisory experience in a mining/mineral processing environment
is required. At least 5 years of experience in mining or
Required Education: High School Diploma or GED. BS degree in
Mining, Geology, Civil, and/or Earthwork Engineering or technical
related field or equivalent work experience in the field is
Lhoist North America offers a comprehensive benefits package
including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, life
insurance, 401K, and vacation. LNA also supports employee work-life
balance with telecommuting and compressed workweek options for many
Lhoist North America is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran
Keywords: Lhoist, Rochester , Quarry Manager, Other , Alabama, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!