Junior Developer DBA
Company: Harris Computer Systems
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Junior Developer DBA
Caretracker/GEMMS - Remote
We are looking for a skilled Junior Developer DBA to provide
support for our growing suite of healthcare applications. The
person in this role will be responsible for daily maintenance,
tuning, configuration and performance of MSSQL and Oracle
databases. The expected split of duties is 70% traditional DBA and
What your impact will be:
- Provides primary SQL DBA support including index tuning, schema
changes, security and data replication.
- Performs database administrative tasks such as maintaining
database jobs (i.e. database backups, database indexing), setting
up database security (i.e. users and roles), and monitors disk
space for database growth. (i..e., using tools such as DB Artisan,
TOAD, SSMSQL Enterprise Manager, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle
RMAN, RAC, ASM).
- Optimizes queries, reports and application code response time
(i.e. using tools such as SQL Profiler, Tuning Advisor, Oracle
- Develops documents and maintains procedures for database
servers such as backups, restores, performance tuning, and
configurations and performs daily and monthly backups of production
systems and other backups as required.
- Supports 3rd party tools for replication, encryption, backups,
change management and interfaces.
- Perform occasional after hours client server migrations as
- Performs database object promotions.
- Provides SOX, HIPAA and audit reporting information as required
to management, internal and external auditors
- Works with IT team leads to ensure consistency in architecture,
schema and change control for SQL and Oracle database
- Effectively communicates design considerations and
recommendations to team members and business.
- Responds to developer requests for changes.
- Develop new queries to replace problematic queries
- Troubleshoot interface issues
- Participates in on call rotation.
- Provides support to hosting operations and code deployment
- Supports Company's commitment to a culture of safe work
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Develop, implement and optimize stored procedures and
application functions using T-SQL, ASP.NET, C#, PLSQL, PowerShell,
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of 2+ years DBA experience in MSSQL and Oracle
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science is preferred.
- Experience working on Databases in the Cloud is a strong
What we offer:
- Culture for Growth
- Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits
- Every Voice Matters
- Global Reach
- Careers with Purpose
- World Class Career Development Programs
- Focus On Sustainability
Keywords: Harris Computer Systems, Rochester , Junior Developer DBA, Other , Alabama, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!