Requisition Number: 46318
Corning is one of the world's leading innovators in materials
science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its
unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical
physics to develop products that have created new industries and
transformed people's lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a
unique combination of material and process innovation, and close
collaboration with customers to solve tough technology
The Specialty Materials segment manufactures products that
provide more than 150 material formulations for glass, glass
ceramics and fluoride crystals to meet demand for unique customer
needs. Consequently, this segment operates in a wide variety of
commercial and industrial markets that include display optics and
components, semiconductor optics components, aerospace and defense,
astronomy, ophthalmic products, telecommunications components and
cover glass that is optimized for portable display devices.
Job Title: Precision Grinder Technician
Department: Mechanical Fabrication
- Work from detailed drawings, sketches or verbal description to
- Interaction and collaboration with engineering.
- Interfaces with plant systems (e.g., document control,
manufacturing execution system, etc.).
- Maintain schedules and records as reqd.
- Working in gage level tolerances.
- Experience with mechanics used in optical applications.
- Use of Metrology equipment, electronic indicators,
- Responsible for housekeeping and autonomous maintenance.
- Actively engages with continuous improvement and cost reduction
- Engage and contribute at manufacturing process meetings.
- 10 years related experience.
- Use of Kellenberger or similar cylindrical grinding
- Strong Math Skills.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Willing to learn and operate other grinding equipment.
Hours of Work:
- B Shift (2:00 - 10:30PM) with overtime as needed and
- An AS degree (or equivalent experience) in optics or other
technical field is preferred.
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
Corning offers a competitive salary, vacation, pension, and
family medical leave.
Are you ready to start an exciting career with Corning, Inc.?
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender,
age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to
receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact
us to request accommodation.
Nearest Major Market: Rochester