Lead Commissioning Engineer
Company: TRC Companies, Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and
engineering developments since the 1960's, is a national
engineering and environmental consulting firm that provides
integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure
markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in industry and
government, implementing complex projects from initial concept to
delivery and operation.
With a staff of over 200 experienced utility and industrial
commissioning engineers and test technicians, TRC delivers
comprehensive, cost-effective solutions to safely put your
equipment in service. TRC is one of the premier national providers
of testing and commissioning solutions in the country. Our staff
undergoes extensive, in-house training, ensuring efficient project
start up and adherence to your individual standards and
specifications. We follow well documented procedures and guidelines
to ensure safe and thorough planning and testing, so you can manage
risk and safeguard ongoing operations.
TRC is seeking Lead Commissioning Engineers within our Testing
and Commissioning Services department for the Greater NY and New
England areas. Open to candidates that reside in or near the areas.
Travel throughout area will be required.
This position reports to the Regional Manager, Field Services
and this individual functions as the responsible electrical
commissioning engineer on assigned projects and provides overall
project planning, coordination and supervision of construction,
commissioning and testing activities to ensure compliance with
plans and specifications.
- Act as resident engineer on projects of any magnitude.
- Interpret complex plans and specifications and apply available
information to ensure that all project design requirements are
- Takes a lead role in resolving construction problems,
procedures, and methods through working with the customer and TRC
engineering personnel, inspectors, contractors, and suppliers.
- Plan, perform and document the commissioning of various control
and power circuits to ensure the intended operation and safety of
equipment and personnel are met.
- Maintain familiarity with appropriate engineering and
construction codes to ensure compliance with applicable codes.
- Prepare and/or monitor complex construction and commissioning
schedules to ensure timely completion of the work.
- Prepare and/or implement outage and energization plans, and
detailed commissioning plans.
- Institute, direct and document changes to the work when
required by differing site conditions.
- Conduct on-site design or investigation work to ensure adequacy
of contractor's methods. Evaluate contractor's procedures, starting
and completion times, and staffing requirements for each phase of
- May assist in the professional development, training, and
evaluation of department personnel.
- Maintain familiarity with work rules applicable to various
collective bargaining crafts employed on project.
- Valid driver's license issued by state of residence and in good
standing is required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from an
accredited school or University is required;
- 10 years related Testing and Commissioning experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation
and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company
For more information please visit our website at
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Keywords: TRC Companies, Inc., Rochester , Lead Commissioning Engineer, Other , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!