Respiratory Therapist - Lead (Part Time)
Company: Rochester General Health System
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Provides daily guidance and assistance to staff assigned to
clinical areas including assigning tasks and providing training,
monitoring and adjusting staffing levels, insuring adequate
equipment and supplies for assigned areas, and problem solving as
STATUS: Part Time (24 Hours)
LOCATION: Rochester General Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Respiratory Care Services
SCHEDULE: Day/Night Rotation, Every Other Weekend & Holiday
- Associate's degree in Respiratory Care or equivalent is
- Five years previous clinical experience in Respiratory
- Bachelor's degree in respiratory therapy or science related
field is preferred
- For lead therapists in a specific clinical area, Specialty
Credential including but not limited to RRT-NPS, RRT-ACCS, FCCS,
AE-C, CPFT, RPFT is preferred
- Performs all duties of the charge therapist if assigned,
including leading shift huddle, insuring adequate equipment and
supplies, monitoring and adjusting staffing levels, problem solving
and trouble shooting, assisting other staff, and documentation of
all department activities during the assigned shift.
- Identifies problem situations or issues in patient care.
Analyzes, interprets, advises, and consults with staff and other
health care professionals to provide high quality care.
- Interprets and modifies the system of patient care delivered by
evaluating and reviewing standard practices and initiating new
- Provides consultation and guidance to all levels of the
respiratory care and nursing staff.
- Advises staff in the establishment of maintenance of records of
treatments given and the related progress of each patient for the
purpose of analyzing patterns, synthesizing actions, and evaluating
patient care plans.
- Resolves unusual or unique patient care problems or situations
which require analytical, interpretative, and constructive
- Collaborates with other health care professionals to identify
relevant clinical problems and conducts research to bring about
- Evaluates research literature and own research findings for
implementation and incorporation, as appropriate, into patient care
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Rochester General Health System, Rochester , Respiratory Therapist - Lead (Part Time), Other , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!