Carestream Health Inc.
Innovation that sparks imagination. Continue on to your next
challenge with us.
Carestream is a worldwide provider of medical imaging systems
and solutions; x-ray imaging systems for non-destructive testing;
manufacturing of film and precision contract coating services for a
wide range of industrial, medical, electronic and other
applications-all backed by a global service and support network.
Carestream's diagnostic imaging technology systems are at work in
90 percent of hospitals worldwide.
At Carestream, we offer a global perspective and a world of
opportunities for people who have the desire to make a positive
impact. Join our global team of 4,000+ professionals!
Carestream is seeking two reliable, dedicated, team player and
strong willed Chemical Coating Operators for R&D Lake Avenue,
Rcoheseter, NY facility.
The successful candidate will
- build delivery systems, hoppers, and pumps to set up for
- maintain supply of coating support and solutions throughout
- complete testing on solutions and coatings including viscosity,
solids, roughness, particle size, dimensional measurements.
- begin coating and maintain quality coating process, log process
- review testing results and take action as needed,
- log results and compare against specifications
- take down and clean systems at the end of the coating in
solvent cleaning system
Required Skills & Education:
Minimum Education Requirements:
- High School or GED
- 5+ years of experience in a chemical production or machine
operating environment (coating or plumbing).
- Knowledgeable in the areas of X-hopper/coating slot die,
solvent coating, web conveyance, zenith pump, mechanical assembly,
viscosity, particle size analysis, and WDPF/ HMI use.
- Math skills - both basic and intermediate algebra level math
skills are used.
- Quality first mind-set with ability to work at a fast
- Must be willing/able to work 40+ Rotating 12hr shifts
- Follow detailed instructions correctly and carefully with no
- make product quality decisions based on process data and
product inspection information.
- Understand and make process changes based on observations to
improve product quality.
- Communicate complex information to Product Engineer enabling
decisions regarding product quality
- trouble-shoot complex product- process interaction issues &
provide information in a concise manner to Product engineer
- X write instructions and understand the impact of instruction
changes on product quality. Ability to think from the perspective
of others such that instructions are understandable to an audience
with a lower level of understanding.
- Proven ability to work within a team and be accountable to meet
department metrics and goals.
- Willingness to do any job for the good of the team. All
Operators are expected to do the full range of tasks from beginner
- Proven ability to work within a framework of regulatory
compliance. Careful, accurate, complete paperwork. Follow detailed
instructions correctly and carefully with no errors.
- Strong planning and organizational skills. Ability to
understand pacing such that tasks are prioritized to keep the
- Strong work ethic, good judgment and decision-making
- Track record of consistently demonstrating a positive attitude
which influences safety, quality, environmental, productivity and
- Assemble complex equipment with high precision and great care
(no damage to components)
- Willingness to take accountability for errors and accept
- Willingness/ Ability to take and seek direction when
Preferred: Min Req + 2 yr degree in a technical field
Indoor chemical manufacturing environment, solvent coating
Lifting up to 20 pounds: 25-50%
Lifting 20-35 pounds: 1-25%
Lifting 35-50 pounds: 1-25%
Lifting 50-100 pounds: 0%
Carrying, Pushing or Pulling: 25-50%
Carestream is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Carestream is an equal opportunity organization. We recruit,
employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race,
religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran
status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state
or local law.
Applying for a job with Carestream
All Carestream employees must complete the on-line application
process. Carestream is committed to working with and providing
reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you
require assistance or an accommodation because of a disability to
participate in the application process, please click
Requisition ID: 1173
Nearest Major Market: Rochester