Registered Nurse - Medical Observation Unit (MOU)
Company: Rochester General Health System
Posted on: June 8, 2021
As a Registered Nurse (RN), you're the engine and the heart of
patient care at Rochester Regional Health. You make a positive
difference every single day in the lives of our patients, their
family members and visitors - going above and beyond to meet their
needs with courtesy, kindness, respect and compassion.
The Medical Observation Unit/Clinical Decision Unit at Rochester
General Hospital is 33 bed shared Unit caring for patients with
hospital stays expected to be less than 48 hours.
- On-Site Providers
- Faced paced environment with high patient turnover
- Collaborative, team-based staff environment
- Unit will prepare RNs well for eventual transitions into
Emergency Room, Acute Stroke Unit or Cardiac Services
- Support & training for professional certifications
STATUS: Full Time
DEPARTMENT: Medical Observation Unit
SCHEDULE: Days/Evenings/Nights, every other weekend/holiday
- Diploma or Associate's Degree in Nursing required; Bachelor's
Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Registered Nurse license in New York State.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- 1+ years of RN experience preferred.
- Patient Care & Service. Promote and restore patients' health by
completing the nursing process; collaborating with physicians and
multidisciplinary team members; performing various treatment
procedures; providing physical, educational and emotional support
to patients, friends and families; supervising assigned team
- Planning & Communication. Develop and document individualized
care plans customized for each patient's unique needs, with support
from the interdisciplinary health team as needed; maintain
effective communication to convey patient health status, treatment
plans and progress
- Electronic Health Record (EHR) Management. Demonstrate
proficient use of an EHR - including accurate patient and provider
documentation and communication
- Compliance. Adhere to required department and system protocols,
regulations (local, state, federal) and education requirements
Keywords: Rochester General Health System, Rochester , Registered Nurse - Medical Observation Unit (MOU), Other , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!