Data Technician Intern
Company: Finger Lakes Technologies Grp
Posted on: June 8, 2021
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
FirstLight is searching for an Intern - Data Security Technician
with a primary focus on patch management and documentation, who
thrives in a dynamic technical environment. This position is a
technical support position entailing (PRIMARY) Routing/Switching,
Wireless, Security, and Data Center, as well as (SECONDARY) Voice
over IP (VOIP) solution support. You will research notifications
from industry standard sources (such as CERT and CISCO) about
vulnerabilities and remediations, determine what devices they are
applicable to, and then apply remedial changes (code updates and/or
configurations) to bring devices within compliance standards.
Further, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining
relevant documentation for customer network devices, especially
around vulnerability management. You will work with assigned
customer(s) who have aggressive SLA commitments, and/or specific
managed services contract obligations; this position is critical to
succeeding up market with large customers running complex
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify requisite security configuration changes (such as code
updates or running configurations) on customer network
- Coordinate maintenance windows with assigned customer(s).
- Stage and install requisite software updates as required.
- Apply configuration changes to remediate against
vulnerabilities as required.
- Create and/or update documentation as required.
- Communicate with Day shift regarding systems impacted and any
challenges encountered on your shift.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining
personal networks; participating in professional
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by
completing related results as needed.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting
ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring
opportunities to add value to the customer and FirstLight.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Flexible work schedule required, may vary depending on needs of
customer and current patching volumes. This position is targeted to
work in the classic "C" Shift (11pm - 8am) timeframe under normal
circumstances, but may operate in a B shift, or overlap between B
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, and SKILLS:
- Must pass Background Check. Contingency for employment
- A successful candidate may have a CCNA or higher. Any
specialization is acceptable (Route Switch, Wireless,
Collaboration, etc.). If a candidate does not possess CCNA or
higher, should complete within 6 months of hire.
- Minimum of six (6) months relevant experience; or equivalent
combination of education and experience. Prior work in a technical
support / help desk environment a plus.
- To be successful, a candidate must be a self-motivated leader
who can create trust within the organization and work
collaboratively with all levels of the organization. Also, a
candidate must be organized and results focused in delivering
favorable financial results and supporting work.
- FirstLight strives for high integrity in all our dealings with
customers, employees and suppliers. A candidate must demonstrate
this value system and represent that to customers in every
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands
described are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently
is required to sit, use hands and fingers, operate a PC based
computer, talk and hear, and reach with hands and arms. Limited
travel may be required to customer locations.
Keywords: Finger Lakes Technologies Grp, Rochester , Data Technician Intern, Other , Victor, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!