Project Manager - Security
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Establishes, administers, and monitors departmental standards,
procedures, and performance to minimize risk and ensure compliance
with NERC Reliability Standards and other legal requirements. Works
with Subject Matter Experts and management to provide specialized
technical expertise and support for compliance program development
and compliance performance tracking and reporting.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Scope of work - range of
- New or revised Standards and Guidance - NERC and the Regional
Entity continues to develop and revise Standards subject to
enforcement as well issue guidance documents. The Program Manager
will monitor the changes and work closely with the Business Area
Subject Matter Experts to determine impacts and ensure compliance.
Will coordinate the tracking of changes to standards and manage
overall compliance for the Networks operating companies to ensure
compliance requirements are met.
- Audit Preparation - The companies are subject to regular audits
for compliance with NERC Standards. The Program Manager will be
expected to lead the preparation of audit documents prior to
external audits and to conduct regular internal audits of
individual Standards to support company compliance.
- Compliance Investigations - Lead root cause investigations for
identified potential noncompliance issues.
- Document Management - The NERC Reliability program includes
almost 100 policies, procedures, and forms that need to be reviewed
and updated on an annual basis. A document trail must be kept to
demonstrate compliance with each Standard. The Program Manager will
manage the review and updates of policies and procedures in
conjunction with Subject Matter Experts.
- Procedure Documentation - Maintain and update Operational
policies, procedures and associated documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelors Degree with a minimum of 5 years in compliance,
operations, auditing, and/or engineering OR an
- Associates Degree with a minimum of 7 years in compliance,
operations, auditing, and/or engineering.
- Experience with the NERC Critical Infrastructure Protection
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to understand and analyze FERC/NERC/NPCC regulatory
- Able to work independently and exercise considerable judgment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work under tight deadlines with changing
- Proficient with PC skills and programs.
- Experience with audits and reviewing evidence to ensure
- Experience with conducting root cause analyses.
- Training experience.
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Collaborate and Share
- Be a role model
- Focus to achieve results
- Be agile
- Technical Skills
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and
in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside
of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to
employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and
New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does
not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID's employment practices and policies are geared to
hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At
AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement
opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race,
color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other
status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about
equal employment by following this link
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran
who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for
jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our
Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or
Keywords: Avangrid, Rochester , Project Manager - Security, Other , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!