Senior Software Engineer (Java)
Posted on: June 8, 2021
- Provides technical direction. Validates requirements, performs
analysis and design for system improvements and new applications.
Represents department by leading work and providing guidance to
- Validates requirements, performs analysis, completes detailed
design and support for assigned projects to drive application
- Ensures team compliance with standards and procedures (e.g.
change management, version control, implementation) and/or
consistency of coding. Recognizes code, process and/or standard
inefficiencies and suggests new standards and opportunities for
- Acquires and utilizes strong technical and / or application
knowledge to independently produce, review and / or otherwise
contribute to deliverables and recognizes the impact (e.g. design
documentation, system changes).
- Reviews and provides input to standards, documentation and best
practices(e.g. support, training, business units)
- Acts as a technical leader by making significant technical
contributions (e.g. designs and documents program changes, provides
- Demonstrates strong technical knowledge to contribute to
related applications outside specific area of expertise.
- Performs team code reviews and provides regular feedback
- Mentors Jr. Software Engineers and Test Automation
- Participates in investigation of opportunities for improvement
and makes recommendations.
- May consult technical equipment / software vendors and current
users in these evaluations.
- Responds to questions, researches / resolves issue and/or
coordinates resolution of issues to complete project work and
provide technical support for production applications including
high impact production issues.
- Orchestrates team agile ceremonies (e.g. story elaboration,
grooming, planning and standups)
- Develop features using and automated tests using:
- Java 8
- Spring Boot
- Spring Data
- Spring Integration
- Spring Cloud Streams
- Mongo DB
- Develop unit tests using:
- Develop CI/CD automation using XLD/XLR
- Experienced with Build Automation tooling such as Jenkins,
Gradle and Artifactory
Paychex is dedicated to fostering a culture of intentional
Inclusion and Diversity (I&D). Our valued employees and
commitment to I&D is the essence of our internal and external
success. Inclusivity is a key value of our corporate culture and is
exemplified through our reputation as a top employer for employee
development, diversity, and ethics, as well as a focus on fairness
in recruitment, selection, and decision making.
Click here for more information on our corporate social
Keywords: Paychex, Rochester , Senior Software Engineer (Java), Other , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!