Senior Specialist, Material Management
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Job Title: Senior Specialist, Material Management
Job Code: SAS20211503-58053
Job Location: Rochester, NY
- Lead all aspects of the Supply Chain Material Management
process from proposal stage through Program award and execution.
Determines with engineering the feasibility of material,
components, specifications or requirements and supports product
development activities, including proposal support and engineering
change impacts to Supply Chain and analyzes market trends &
- Utilize Material Requirements Planning (MRP) systems to
effectively time phase material to service cash flow objectives and
- Plan, schedule and monitor the efficient movement of material
from identification of the requirement to delivery to the end
- Define raw material scheduling requirements from engineering
specifications and production schedules.
- Manage material cost and schedule, ensuring on-time delivery,
quality, and affordability with the ability to monitor and
reconcile any relevant Supply Chain disruptions that develop
throughout the program lifecycle.
- Coordinate key cross functional Supply Chain resources to
ensure program requirements are known to allow management to scale
internal capacity as needed.
- Estimate and Manage labor budget for program Supply Chain
- Coordinate material distribution with purchasing, warehouse,
and end user.
- Establish, track, and report EVMS performance for large budget
- Plan and schedule materials, equipment, and commodity products
of high complexity for government and commercial programs.
- Identify and mitigate supplier risk with active engagement with
buyers and subcontract managers in process improvements to
continually increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Develop strategies, implement plans, and track progress for
cost savings initiatives.
- Provide timely and accurate Supply Chain updates to Senior
- Motivated self-starter well versed in the Supply Chain Process
Flow and managing material in the areas of schedule and cost.
- Ability to generate spending plans, forecasts, and variance
- Work should be performed within set boundaries and with little
- Must be able to communicate effectively with a wide array of
professional levels and functions. Manage program budgets and
explain variances in monthly performance.
- Ability to navigate FAR regulations and internal procedures for
Material Management and MMAS compliance.
- Support Small Business Initiatives, as applicable.
- Follow strategic direction set by Program and functional
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior related
experience or Graduate's Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior
- Experience in procurement, supply chain, and/or material
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with Material Requirements Planning (MRP) software
and advanced concepts.
- Thorough knowledge of Supply Chain processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite of products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Keywords: L3Harris, Rochester , Senior Specialist, Material Management, Other , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!