Medical Billing Coordinator
Posted on: June 7, 2021
The AR Follow Up Coordinator is responsible for efficiently and
timely processing services for follow up, complying with
contractual filing and appealing of processes at all times,
identifying procedural roadblocks, following the protocol while
speaking to customers, providing thorough and accurate information
to all callers, following all team policies, related procedures,
and all compliance plan standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with AR reports to identify problems on accounts, research
accounts/trends and take appropriate actions to promote
reimbursement, bill primary and secondary carriers for services
provided, and collect on past due accounts.
- Research accounts: request additional information such as
referrals, scripts, medical reports, and/ or call hospitals.
- Efficient and timely processes of services for follow up.
- Work EOBs to post rejection codes, follow up on rejected
claims, and appeal denials; develop and track written
- Complete adjustments, check refund request forms, and special
- Work with edit reports to identify problems with transmission
- Answer patient inquiries, maintain patient's account
information, and resolve problems as needed.
- Ability to excel with change and respond appropriately even in
- Other duties as assigned.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not an exhaustive list of all duties,
responsibilities and requirements of the position described above.
Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to
add or change duties at any time.
We offer career advancement opportunities & benefits including:
medical / dental / vision coverage, paid time off, paid holidays, a
pre-tax 401k plan, a pre-tax flexible spending plan, education
reimbursement, free life insurance, inter-company transfer
opportunities, hands-on training, and a host of other perks! Work
today, get paid today! We've partnered with DailyPay, a voluntary
benefit to offer employees access to their pay on their own
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology and a working knowledge of
different types of insurance plans.
- Customer service oriented and possess a courteous and
professional telephone manner.
- Ability to type and have a general computer aptitude. Must be
able to maintain professional judgment.
- Ability to verbally communicate thoughts clearly, to read, to
write, to file accurately, and to remember information.
- Dependable, energetic and ability to multitask.
RadNet is an equal opportunity employer, committed to cultural
diversity. RadNet will provide equal consideration for employment
to all qualified applicants without regard to their race, religion,
ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age,
disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical
condition. RadNet is an E-Verify participant.
Keywords: RadNet, Rochester , Medical Billing Coordinator, Other , Pittsford, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!