Merchandiser - Rochester/Syracuse/Ithaca, NY
Company: United Natural Foods Inc
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Responsible for unpacking and displaying store merchandise.
Unpacks delivered goods, arranges, organizes, and displays
merchandise. Processes returns and special orders. Ensures that all
related documentation is accurate and complete. Serves customers in
a professional, courteous, and timely manner. Provides assistance
to area merchandising personnel and ensures that management is well
informed of area activities.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for effectively and displaying store
- Develop a routine to assure prompt arrival at customer location
after truck delivery.
- Travel from account to account, stocking and rotating delivered
- Return misplaced items to correct locations. Ensures the neat
and orderly appearance of sales displays.Assist in hanging shelf
tags and promotional POS/POP materials and resets. Assist with
promotional presentations and sales programs as assigned.
- Work to prevent damage and theft of merchandise, and preserves
materials in saleable condition.
- Responsible for maintaining effective business relations with
customers. Record requests for merchandise, orders products, and
notifies customers promptly. Process merchandise returns and issue
credits according to company policy.
- Accurately complete required reports.
- Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical
Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and
procedures, as appropriate for location.
- Follow through on requests for services or products while
keeping customers well informed of order status.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned. Assist area
merchandising personnel as needed.
- Keep management informed of area activities and of any
significant concerns. Attend meetings as required. Provides backup
for other merchandisers when needed.
- High school graduate or equivalent related experience
- Valid driver's license necessary. Auto insurance levels that
meet UNFI requirements
- Prior customer service experience in a retail setting. Minimum
one year of related experience. System Implementation
- Knowledge of MSI unit
- Excellent customer service skills, good communication
abilities, organization skills and attention to detail, basic math
abilities, ability to work independently
- Ability to get in and out of car multiple times per day and
able to spend up to 30% of the day in the car traveling to and from
accounts safely in city, rural and expressway conditions
- Ability to set up displays, fixtures, shelving and products.
Able to tolerate exposure to store and warehouse conditions
including wide variances in temperature, dust and dirt. Ability to
lift up to 40 lbs
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin,
disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal
Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and
respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA
- Additional Locations: United States of America, New York,
Syracuse; United States of America, New York, Ithaca
- Schedule: Full-time
Keywords: United Natural Foods Inc, Rochester , Merchandiser - Rochester/Syracuse/Ithaca, NY, Other , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!