Thermo Fisher Scientific's Mission is to enable our customers to
make the world healthier, cleaner and safer, and the global
coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is a powerful reminder of the
importance of that Mission. In fact, Thermo Fisher is at the
forefront of the global response to COVID-19. We are working with
governments, agencies, industry partners and researchers globally
to ensure priority access to instruments, consumables, safety
supplies and other products to address the outbreak. Our efforts
have been particularly focused in supporting analysis of the virus,
diagnosis, personal protection, and ultimately helping in the
development of new therapeutics and vaccines.
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you
will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for
your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to
support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make
significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
Under the supervision of the Shipping Coordinator Supervisor,
this role coordinates all domestic and international shipping
activities including the generation of all appropriate paperwork to
satisfy customer demand and import/export regulatory compliance.
Responsible to coordinate all aspects of shipments involving
customers, customer service, marketing, warehouse/shipping
operations, freight forwarders and Thermo Fisher Scientific
affiliated locations. This position interfaces with many internal
and external customers and therefore requires exceptional
communication, teamwork and responsiveness.
1st Shift - Rochester, NY
What will you do?
- Review open customer orders, create pick worksheets on an as
needed basis to efficiently meet the customer shipping schedule and
satisfy the requested ship dates.
- Generate shipping output documents as required.
- Generate customer invoicing upon shipping. Audit
waiting-to-ship reports daily to ensure all invoicing is
- Coordinate the shipping of freight by contacting appropriate
- Communicate shipping volumes and priorities closely with the
Shipping Coordinator Supervisor and 3rd party warehouses to
optimize available resources.
- Shop rates for prepaid shipments to ensure that we are getting
the best possible freight rates.
- Review and audit freight bills for billing accuracy. Respond to
billing questions from external freight payment services.
- Generate and prepare documentation for importing and exporting
shipments in accordance with US and country specific import export
laws, rules and regulations.
- Manage and execute electronic export declarations (AES -
Automated Export System)
- Respond to shipment-related customer inquiries. Lead
investigations through resolution for shipment/transportation
concerns. Update appropriate records in SalesForce.com
- Processes freight allowance debits and credits. Secure domestic
and international freight quotes from transportation service
providers for both lane optimization and in response to quote
- Administer NAFTA (North America Free Trade Agreement)
certificate management proves. Coordinate Chamber of Commerce
Certificates of Origin with freight forwarders.
- Formally document new or changed procedures. Identify who
requires training and execute training if needed.
- Maintain knowledge of current international import/export
regulatory requirements. Update applicable standard operating
procedures as necessary.
- Participation in transportation-related project teams.
- Effectively lead cross-functional root cause and corrective
action to resolve customer-related shipping issues.
How will you get here?
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED, plus equivalent
experience in Logistics and Transportation. 2 year degree in
business related field preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in logistics and transportation
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- ERP Oracle experience accepted, SAP P46 experience a plus.
- Must understand international INCO terms and international
banking practice related to transportation.
- Must have demonstrated maturity in effective communication
(oral, written, email, etc.) with internal and external parties
under stressful conditions.
- Must be flexible with work hours to support both standard and
non-standard workdays. This position requires flexibility for
frequent workday schedule changes (including overtime) to meet
customer and business priorities and objectives. The shipping
department schedule spans 24/5 plus weekends as necessary.
- Occasional Domestic and International travel may be
- Must be well organized and detail oriented with the ability to
multitask without making errors.
- Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment
with a passion for meeting the customer's expectations.
What Thermo Fisher Offers to Employees:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits effective on first day of
- Paid Time Off - Eligible to accrue up to 120 hours of Paid Time
Off (PTO), pro-rated based on start date
- Paid Holidays
- 401(K) Retirement Plan - Company Matching Contribution up to
- Shift Premium for night shift employees
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR ROCHESTER FACILITIES!
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in
serving science, with revenues of nearly $25 billion and
approximately 75,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable
our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve
complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver
medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through
our premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems,
Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - we offer an
unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing
convenience and comprehensive services.