Rochester - Assistant General Manager - Transportaton
Company: FirstGroup plc
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Assistant General Manager - Transit
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for all
transportation activities, including the dispatching of vehicles on
schedule, the oversight of the vehicles and operators while in
service, and processing and verifying operations payroll. First
Transit hires individuals who make safety and customer service
their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and
determination to succeed, we are looking for you!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong
presence across North America.
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation,
medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment.
Assistant General Manager Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the dispatching, in service monitoring and turn-in
activities involved in daily transit operations.
- Work with the Maintenance Manger to insure that vehicles
dispatched are in proper working conditions.
- Prepare and verify operations payroll.
- Develop manpower requirements for Road Supervisors,
Dispatchers, Operators and Service Personnel.
- Coordinate operations personnel selection, recruitment and
training with the Safety Manager.
- Assist in developing procedure manuals for Dispatchers, Road
Supervisors, Operators and Service personnel.
- Ensure accurate and timely collection and reporting of fare box
- Assist with preparation of annual budget
- Monitor and evaluate Operations' activities. Included in the
evaluation of activities are the following: Vehicle on time
statistics, missed runs, revenue/cost data, total work hours, total
pay hours, customer compliant data, accident data, road call data,
other operations related functions
- Recommends and disciplines operations, personnel.
Assistant General Manager Requirements:
- Must have knowledge of transit operations, maintenance, and
- Must have good communication skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's degree
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract
and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers
annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit
professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport
shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in
the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. With a dedication to safety and
outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from
other providers in the industry.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California,
FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Keywords: FirstGroup plc, Rochester , Rochester - Assistant General Manager - Transportaton, Other , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!