Test Engineer - 2
Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Major established and global company with a good working culture
at their site in the southern portion of upstate NY has a Test
Engineer opportunity in the department responsible for testing and
analysis on company's full portfolio of forklift, warehouse
management systems, energy, and automated solutions. The successful
candidate will create innovative solutions for basic to complex
vehicle systems utilizing traditional electrical/software
engineering techniques such as design, development, implementation,
maintenance, test, and evaluation. This individual will be
the Test point of contact for multiple projects and must possess
the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them
accurately in an evolving and dynamic environment. Assignments are
broad in nature, usually requiring originality and ingenuity to
complete. The Test Engineer may have project management
responsibility for small projects or subsets of large projects.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / REQUIREMENTS:
- Participates in the integration and regression testing of
software and system functionality.
- Creates test plans, templates, and strategies for multiple test
flows – unit tests, functional tests, and hardware in-/out-of-loop
tests – and ensures test results are documented and
- Keeps manager informed of progress, changes, priorities, and
project cost/schedule status.
- Provides support for new product development
- Works with cross-functional groups at the direction of a lead
engineer or program manager.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- plan, organize, and carry out technical activities with strong
attention to detail.
- communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- present technical material to technically diverse
- work effectively in both independent and group settings.
- Familiarity with Linux development environment
- Solid understanding of programming techniques using C, C++, C#,
Python, Structured Text or similar languages
- Basic understanding of network and communications technology –
CAN, TCP/IP, Ethernet, UWB, Bluetooth, etc.
- Experience with virtual and/or physical servers running
- Experience with industrial control systems including PLCs, OPC
Servers, or Kepware
- Knowledge of interface development between warehouse or
manufacturing control systems and third-party software and hardware
- National Instruments LabVIEW, VeriStand, TestStand
- Vector CAN Tools, XCP, etc.
- Hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) testing
- dSpace AutomationDesk and ControlDesk
Keywords: Job Juncture, Rochester , Test Engineer - 2, Other , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!