Child Care Staff - Coordinator and Aides (Geneseo School District)
Company: GLOW YMCA, Inc.
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Free YMCA Membership & Program Discounts (pay increases with
experience) This position is traditionally held before and after
the school day. Due to COVID-19 the upcoming school year may create
changes in the school year that allows for full-day hours or
part-time hours. Candidates will be asked about availability during
the screening process. POSITION SUMMARY:
Under the direction of the Before and After school Site Director,
Child Care staff will provides direction to children, assist in
implementation of the program curriculum, and is responsible for
the overall safety and well-being of children in the program.
Provides a quality experience to children and parents that focuses
on the YMCA values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
This is a part-time position that averages less than 30 hours per
week. POSITION DATES: September through June ESSENTIAL
- Implements curriculum within the established guidelines.
- Designs and implements daily lesson/activity plans.
- Supervises the children, classroom, and all activities.
- Makes ongoing, systematic observations and evaluations of each
- Conducts parent conferences, and maintains positive
relationships and effective communication with parents. Engages
parents as volunteers.
- Maintains program site and equipment.
- Maintains required program records.
- Attends and participates in family nights, program activities,
staff meetings, and staff training.
- To promote the physical, intellectual, social, cultural and
emotional well-being of the children.
- Work with the staff team to plan and implement activities.
- Provide direct leadership to the assigned group(s) and maintain
constant visual contact with all assigned children.
- Participate in daily activities and aid the children in
completing tasks, including land and water-based activities. Assist
in assessing child abilities and developmental stages.
- Build enthusiasm for activities and programs.
- Complete required documentation regarding attendance, health
and wellness, sign-in and sign-out, and other items as assigned.
Notify parents if children are not in attendance.
- Keep the program areas neat and organized. Follow all safety
- Follow all regulating agency and YMCA child care policies,
regulations and procedures.
- Maintain friendly, positive and professional relationships with
children, parents, school & day care partners and other YMCA staff.
Project a positive image of the YMCA and the Day Care program.
- Follow work site requirements regarding punctuality,
appropriate dress, staff meeting attendance, etc.
- Carry out tasks as assigned by the Site or Program
- Assist in program and YMCA recruitment and special events.
- Work YMCA Camp Days and alternate program locations as
scheduled. YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader): Mission Advancement: Accepts
and demonstrates the Y's values. Demonstrates a desire to serve
others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds
effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports
fund-raising. Collaboration: Works effectively with people of
different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds
rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the
other person's point of view, and remains calm in challenging
situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and
writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing
others. Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and
transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new
approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member
experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and
actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting
policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities
immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a
high-value experience for members. Personal Growth: Pursues
self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an
openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process.
Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations
and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical
knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices
and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Meets educational and experience qualifications established by
state law. School Age Child Care Clearance per NYS regulations as
- At least 18 years of age to work in Prime Time and Child
- High School diploma or GED preferred. Additional educational
requirements may be necessary per the appropriate regulating
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and New Employee Orientation
and Child Abuse prevention training within 60 days of hire
- Previous experience working with children in a developmental
- Ability to plan, organize and implement
age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program
- Previous experience with diverse populations. Ability to
develop positive, authentic relationships with people from
different backgrounds. PHYSICAL DEMANDS Ability to plan, lead and
participate in activities.
Vision, hearing, speech and movement abilities in order to provide
safe supervision of children at all times. This is not an
exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities Apply Now with our
quick 3 minute Application! * Fields Are Required What is your full
name? First Name How can we contact you? Email Phone Number Number
Type What is your preferred method of communication?
Keywords: GLOW YMCA, Inc., Rochester , Child Care Staff - Coordinator and Aides (Geneseo School District), Other , Geneseo, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!