Compliance Specialist 3
Posted on: April 10, 2021
US-NY-RochesterCategory Affordable HousingType Regular
Full-TimeFLSA Status Non-ExemptShift DaysDepartment
PropertiesCorporation Name DePaul PropertiesOverview
DePaul is looking for an adaptable, efficient, and reliable
individual to join our team.
The Compliance Specialist 3 will provide technical support to
Property Management and program staff in complying with applicable
affordable housing program regulations and guidelines. This entails
carrying out application interviews, preparing certification files,
and conducting periodic internal file audits. Conducts systematic
file reviews and prepares written summaries of findings. Maintains
and utilizes specified forms and software for all prospect
screening, resident selection criteria, and weekly vacancy reports.
Some travel is required with use of personal vehicle.
DePaul Properties, Inc. develops and operates affordable housing
throughout New York State through the Low-Income Housing Tac Credit
(LIHTC) program. Our affordable housing communities provide
permanent housing solutions for low-income individuals and
families. Additionally, DePaul provides service enriched housing
funded through the Office of Mental Health and Empire State
Supportive Housing Initiatives.
If you are interested in building positive partnerships in a
rewarding field, please apply!
- Ensure compliance with program regulatory requirements (e.g.,
LIHTC, Section 8, HOME, and other programs), Fair Housing
- Work collaboratively with property management and internal and
external agency service providers.
- Maintain occupancy and program compliance by processing initial
tenant income certifications following DePaul guidelines as well as
local, state, and federal regulations.
- Perform in-house audits as needed and document findings to
escalate to department director.
- Review and prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and
owner certifications to various state and local agencies, as well
as financing partners and other institutions, as needed.
- Provide training to compliance staff and property management
staff on financial certifications and leasing efforts,
recertification efforts, agency and investor reporting
requirements, tenant and applicant communications, waitlist
management, remarketing, and other related tasks on an as- needed
- Prepare and submit Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plans and
Tenant Selection Plans to City and State Agencies.
- Oversee the lease-up of the affordable / income restricted
components of new developments.
- Monitor and manage affordable housing waitlists to minimize
- Act as a technology change leader evaluating, testing, and
implementing new releases and program enhancements available in
- Respect and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrate a caring and positive attitude toward all prospects
- Stay current and knowledgeable on all fair housing regulations
as well as updates and changes to tenant landlord law.
- Attend all recommended / mandated trainings to stay current
with compliance funding source regulations and Fair Housing
- Follows all safety rules and regulations for self, residents,
- Performs any other duties for the effective operation of the
Associate's Degree in Business or High School Diploma / GED
Experience in affordable housing program compliance, especially HUD
or Tax Credit programs. Low Income Housing Tax Credit Certification
not required but must be obtained in the first year of employment.
Experience using Yardi Housing Software. Proficient with Microsoft
Office Suite. Solution and results oriented. Ability to be
independently productive, efficient, accurate and detail focused.
Background check required. Experience working with individuals with
psychiatric disabilities is a plus.
OTHER: *In addition to the above criteria, this position also
requires a clean NYS driving record as outlined in DePaul's
Keywords: DePaul, Rochester , Compliance Specialist 3, Other , Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!