Screw Machine Set Up Operator
Company: Southco Inc
Location: Honeoye Falls
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Screw Machine Set Up Operator Requisition ID 39705 Southco, Inc.
- Americas (Honeoye Falls, NY - US) - Southco Southco is the
leading global manufacturer of Engineered Access Hardware with
manufacturing and engineering facilities in the Americas, Europe
and Asia Pacific regions. From quality and performance to
aesthetics and ergonomics, we know small touches make a big
difference. The people of Southco are passionate about connecting
with our customers to create innovative engineered access hardware
solutions aimed at enhancing the "touch points" of our customers'
products. With unrivaled global supply and support, innovative
products and dedicated people, Southco provides customers
throughout the world with the broadest line of high quality Access
Hardware Solutions on the market today for applications in the
Networking, Telecommunications, Computer, Automotive, Aerospace,
Mass Transit, Off-Highway/Construction, RV/Caravan, Industrial
Machinery, Marine and HVAC industries. Southco is looking to hire a
3rd shift ( 10:30 PM- 7:00 AM) Screw Machine Set Up Operator. This
is a direct hire position with full benefits! Overview Perform any
reasonable duties requested by management, plus the following
specific duties. Regular Attendance and Punctuality are essential
functions of the job. Responsibilities:
- Operate a battery of screw machines
- Read complex blueprints and layouts, read machine schematics,
and use all applicable measuring instruments
- Set up most products, including use of some attachments. Set
clutches, select and install threading cams and set thread-rolling
attachments. Diagnose and remedy tooling and operating difficulties
--- Grind all tools to meet varying conditions and materials
- Produce sample pieces; obtain First Piece approval before
starting production run. Perform all SPC duties
- Select complete tooling package for each set-up
- Clean coolant sumps; drain and replace coolant and perform
monthly maintenance as scheduled
- Report production, set-up and repair in the operating
- Responsible for training new operators
- Control tool inventory and assist in ordering new tooling
- Other duties as assigned. Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalency.
- At least two years previous screw machine experience.
- Able to perform duties with minimum supervision.
- Able to work to very close tolerances (.0005").
- Good to excellent mechanical skills.
- Able to lift/push up to 40 lbs/18 kgs.
- Knowledge of SPC.
- Familiar with operating system.
- Satisfactory completion of Wickman or Davenport V-Tip training.
Benefits We Offer Our Employees:
- Medical Benefits
- Health Savings Account
- Dental and Vision Benefits
- Generous time off
- 401K Plan plus match
- Employee Stock Options
- Education Assistance We have 3rd shifts available with a 10%
shift differential and a $500 bonus after 90 days. You may apply
for this position online by selecting the Apply Now button. Southco
provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability,
genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a
covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
local laws. Southco complies with applicable state and local laws
governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in
which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms
and conditions of employment.
Keywords: Southco Inc, Rochester , Screw Machine Set Up Operator, Other , Honeoye Falls, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!