SRO Residential Services Coordinator 3
Location: East Rochester
Posted on: February 24, 2021
US-NY-East RochesterCategory Mental Health - ResidentialType
Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status Non-ExemptShift EveningsDepartment SRO
AdministrationCorporation Name DePaul Community Services
Parkside, a DePaul Community Residence-Single Room Occupancy
(CR-SRO) Program, is looking for a passionate mental health
professional to join our team! The SRO Residential Services
Coordinator 3 (RSC 3) provides direct support, advocacy and
education to the residents in the program by assisting them with
the development of and individualized service plan and then
performing and coordinating the services and functions necessary to
enhance the resident's autonomy, quality of life and recovery
- Works with the Management staff to provide perspective
residents with tours and lunch visits and then provides input to
the Admission / Management team with regard to the individual's
acceptance in to the program.
- Ensure that each resident receives comprehensive service
planning in a person-centered approach during the resident's tenure
withthe program. This includes the delivery of recovery-oriented
services and on-going discharge planning practices. Ensure that
each plan is complete and up-to-date in accordance with standards
of practice and the NYS Office of Mental Health (OMH).
- Conduct / complete quarterly service plan reviews with the
resident and his / her support team in an effort to ascertain the
resident's progress and to make revisions / updates to the plan
- Provides teaching, monitoring and recovery-oriented supports to
residents in accordance with OMH 595 including the
followingrehabilitative services; Assertiveness / Self Advocacy
Training, Community Integration / Resource Development, Daily
Living Skills Training, Health Services Education, Medication
Management and Training, Parenting Training, Rehabilitative
Counseling, Skill Development, Socialization, Substance Abuse
Services and Symptom Management.
- Observe, monitor, document and report resident behaviors as
well as their progress in accordance with agency
- Maintain accurate and timely resident files, including the
documentation of progress notes, the updating of service plans, the
maintenance of psychiatric and medical records, as well as other
pertinent information relating to the resident.
- Ensures that annual appointments for physicals, eye exams,
medical specialist appointments (such as OB / GYN appointments) and
dental appointments are scheduled and ensures that transportation
is arranged for these appointments when necessary.
- Works collaboratively with the Resident's Health Home Care
Manager and other community service providers to ensure continuity
of care for each individual.
- Serves as a key liaison between the resident and his / her
clinical provider with regard to the monitoring of the individual's
mental health and well-being.
- Provides direct assistance to the residents with regard to
daily living skill training including the upkeep of resident rooms,
training in the areas of preparing simple meals and assistance with
laundry when indicated.
- Helps residents plan for the purchasing of clothes and other
- Works with residents to encourage a healthy connection with
family and communities and to develop new supports and
- Coordinates and participates in resident's recreational
activities when indicated.
- Assists the Medication Coordinators with the supervision of
resident medications when necessary and assumes dining room
responsibilities during breakfast when assigned.
- Provide safe transporting of residents when necessary.
- Respects and maintains resident confidentiality and
demonstrates a caring positive attitude toward all residents (as
per respect policy), staff, guests, family members and service
- Follow all safety rules and regulations for self, residents and
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required by
- Works as a member of the residential team for each resident and
give relevant input for treatment / support team meetings and
continued stay reviews.
- Performs any other duties necessary for the effective operation
of the program and / or the well-being of the residents.
Education and Experience : Needs to meet one of the following three
A. Bachelor's degree in Human Services field plus at least one (1)
year of experience working in a Human Services field.
B. Associates degree in a Human Services field plus at least three
(3) years of related experience working in a Human Services
C. High School diploma / GED plus at least five (5) years of
experience working in a Human Services field.
*In addition to the above criteria this position also requires a
clean/valid New York State driving record as outlined in DePaul's
Please note, this position is Sunday-Wednesday, 1:00pm-11:30pm.
Keywords: DePaul, Rochester , SRO Residential Services Coordinator 3, Other , East Rochester, New York
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!